Texas @ Texas Tech 02/09/22

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Feb 9, 2022.

1. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Spent the whole evening trying to understand the rotations and I completely forgot to celebrate the win.
    Great win! Hook ‘em :hookem2:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

3. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Well it’s definitely a term I’ve heard a few times over the years. A Google will show I’m not making this up y’all. Perhaps it’s the R rated version then, but I’ve never heard meow used personally

4. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I think the Hunter timeline is roughly:
    1. Played early, dazzled with 3's
    2. Hurt foot/ankle, in a boot for a long time
    3. Boot off, but wasn't getting playing time and was unhappy
    4. Was told to stay home for 1 game and think about what she wants to do
    5. Put into some games during garbage time
    6. Injured hand, missed a game
    7. Played in Baylor because Rori wasn't doing so well
    8. Now, a 2nd or 3rd string player off the bench

Vic didn't have time to give Hunter meaningful play time because the game against Tech was so close.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not sure how often Coach Calamity makes comments like these out on social media, but it's refreshing:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Just my opinion, but I think Hunter is gone at the end of the year and Vic knows it. It's almost as if he has the mentality that he's not going to waste his time developing a player who wont be here next year. I think when she plays now its just to eat up minutes when others are in foul trouble.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I would agree with you except that when Vic was praising Hunter and Holle in the press conference after the Baylor game, he referred to them as the "future".

• Like Like x 5
  8. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Coaches are like politicians (Lol). There is always some half truth to the statements.

• Like Like x 1
  9. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  10. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

The very last question and answer was...."wow". The start of a feud between Vic and the Tech staff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Holle is the 6th player furthest back as she runs the transition and finishes at the rim. Everyone else thinks they're running, they're not. They're jogging.

I love to see Holle get more minutes.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Yeah, buddy. Was he succinct!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Nope. First timer here.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yowza. Vic said a whole lot with that one word answer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I think you might be onto something. I'd be interested to know your take on why A. Moore barely saw the floor last night.

16. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

So, her assistant coaches were rude on two different occasions and she wants to make it about failure to empower women? Talk about deflection. Also, if Vic is failing in that regard, what's with all the women on his staff?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  18. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Dollars to doughnuts that question about "the role models for young girls..." was spoon fed to some reporter by Tech's coaching or SID staff just so they could try to lob that grenade at Vic and then act like they took the high road by not answering a direct question about what happened. It's too oblique to come from a reporter during a post game press conference.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

If Gerlich wants to be a role model for girls/young women she should make better fashion choices.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I believe the staff member Vic had a problem with is their recruiting coordinator. I smell shadyness after seeing Coach Clown Act’s comments about empowering women

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I don't think she is 100% recovered from her injury prior to getting here. She may not be in "basketball shape", by her standards. I think her situation is completely different. I look at this season as a rehab season for her. She will be a different player next year. This is mere speculation on my part based on how I've seen her play in the past.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  22. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Speculating here: Vic has twice referred to a freshman still not knowing the playbook. I like Hunter but I sit close enough to the court to hear Vic constantly telling her she’s in the wrong spot.

And yet he has also complimented her on multiple occasions. Not sure what to think.

I hope she doesn’t transfer. Her shooting is too good to ignore and I like her energy, but if you don’t know the playbook this far into the season… hopefully it’s not her he is referencing :idk:

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Why wouldn’t Vic compliment Hunter whenever she does something he is pleased about when she for sure hears from him when he’s not?

24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

So, is JC Carter the assistant coach who failed to submit the Tech lineup prior to the second half in Austin? Guess that would explain why he failed to show sportsmanship after last night's loss.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Who failed to show sportsmanship? I thought it was the TT Associate coach.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Carter refused to shake Schaefer’s hand. That’s unsportsmanlike.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

About Gerlich's comments: Typical "Karen" mentality... throw a rock then hide your hand and play victim.

About Gerlich's Outfit: I'm convinced someone on this board hacked into her fashion advisor app and suggested she wear that Dale Evans knockoff. I think it may have been one of the following @texexted @Bobcat @BALL IS LIFE @Jacob Johnson
    :lmao:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Got in late last night so I didn’t get to remark on the game. As flawed a performance as it was, on the road a win is a win is a win!

Credit to Vic and staff for getting us home in crunch time!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  29. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Starting to grow to be a big NOT-FAN of Gerlich. But dinging a coach because of their wardrobe is so......archaic. Get on her because of her lack of sportsmanship, but let's not talk about clothes or shoes. Please?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 2
  30. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I think a clothes commentary is sometimes a fun and needed diversion from the stress and anxiety of fan analysis of games. Plus my wife will appreciate the fact that I didn’t even notice what Gerlich was wearing. In that I never notice what my wife is wearing either. Now I have to go back and find a photo/video. In the spirit of full disclosure, I will reveal that I miss seeing the women head coaches in high heels and short dresses in the 1980s. What were we thinkin’.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1