Texas travels to West Virginia Monday (02/05/18)

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Feb 4, 2018.

1. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I like him because he is brutally honest without seeming to be fake and woe-is-me. However, I don't like him because of the way he lights into his players while the game is going. However, he must have a side that they like since good players go there to play for him and not too many(???) have transferred out. At least he's not Mulkey (which the TCU coach seems to be emulating)

• Like Like x 1
  2. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Agree! I think she's now back to 90% of "Freshman" Joyner. Peak, peak, peaking at the right time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

My impression from the Karen Aston show was they may have....lost track of her play time on the court during the game. In other words, things were going so well or so hectic that they didn't look around and say, "Hey we need to get her back there to settle them down". I think.

• Like Like x 1
  4. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Mike Carey to me is an excellent coach and is brutally honest and opinionated. The yelling and poor body language would get old pretty fast. Dilbert and The Pointy Haired Boss are funny. I don’t think Carey has any humor in him. But there will always be players that respond to that. Not sure why but do. Hope he can’t get those “better players” cause it would not be fun to watch his antics while getting beaten.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, I saw that. So, it wasn't really strategy to keep her out for as long as they did in the second and third quarters. I bet Ariel was wondering, too, why she was on the bench so long when she had zero fouls.

While it all worked out, and Sug got some more playing time, there was a chance we could have put that game away much earlier. But, not having Ariel on the court could also have forced others to pick up their level of play, which several did.

6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

When you add in senior-to-be Naomi Davenport, who is barely in her first season there after transferring from JUCO, they will be big and talented at SG/W next season for sure. They also lose 6'3 Kristina King and guard, Chania Ray.

Seems like they have several young, tall post players; but, guess they aren't playing much this season (or are injured).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, Carey has always been a hothead on the sidelines. He does not hide his emotions at all.

Could be that he saw his team's NCAA post-season hopes disappearing on Monday night as we stretched our lead. WVU already lost to Baylor at home, so beating us was the last chance to get a marquee win over a Top 15 RPI team and really boost his team's RPI. All they have left to boost their RPI significantly is a game at Baylor, and a win there isn't likely.

His team played a very weak non-conference season, so I don't feel sorry for him. Of course, having Martin injured is a huge reason why they are middle of the pack in the Big 12 standings.

8. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Players are motivated by the most ridiculous things. Him saying that they need to be better or he's going to get better isn't really that outside the norm. Maybe just sprinkled with less sugar than what we're used to.

• Like Like x 1
  9. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Did someone say "less sugar"?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  10. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

:lmao:

• Like Like x 2
  11. WCBBNUT