Texas @ TTU 01/18/2023

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Jan 17, 2023.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Let's keep the momentum going... we cannot afford a let down. The things that have transpired between the two programs over the past 12 months (the Sand Witch-with-a-B, Chevalier, the assistant coach confrontation, etc.) should provide PLENTY of extra motivation. We've got to be fired up and ready because Tech will be.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I don't think we will be lacking in intensity. In fact I can't even begin to imagine such a scenario.

It's patently obvious that Vic does not care for the Sandwitch one little bit (not that I blame him). I think the team will feed off that, both in practices and the game. I won't be surprised to see some extracurricular activity between players from both sides. I just hope it doesn't get too dirty.

I am very curious to see how Hadi plays against her old teammates though. We definitely got the better end of the portal trade-off, and I hope Hadi goes out there to prove it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Slowing Bre'Amber Scott and Jasmine Shavers will be quite the task; however, I think the team will be up for it and am hoping for a big old lopsided butt kicking by Texas.:catfight:

TT's coach is almost as bad as Mulkey, she instills a rude, petulant environment for the team to play in, and then condones that same behavior in her players while they whine and berate other teams and flip off spectators. Bre'Amber Scotts' little slap on the wrist was the final straw for me and illustrates that class doesn't matter to TT.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Absolutely.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I don't think tech is that good. That doesn't mean Texas can't loose, see okie lite, but their resume is built on beating a bunch of glorified Juco's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sangre Naranjada

Tech's losses have come to every opponent with a pulse, and their wins solely against those teams lacking one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Shockingly, I have a reason to be in the area and am going to the game. Never been to Tech so I am hoping A) for a win and B) for a better fan experience than the time I made the mistake of going to a game in Wacko.

We absolutely should win this game… but we absolutely should not have split with them last year so I am a tad bit nervous.

I’m placing my bet on Texas and hoping my burnt orange clothing doesn’t get me mugged in Lubbock. :hookem:

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
  9. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Tech has a home win over Colorado who has a Massey rating of #24. Tech has a Massey Ranking of 63 and a NET ranking of 73 as of today.

Agree - We SHOULD win game, but I too am nervous. Tech will be UP for this game.

Here's wishing you a safe and happy trip!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Texas playing good ball. Really expect a win In the range of 10-15 points. My main concern will be officiating. The refs know the drama and hope they don’t over officiate.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I beleive to the players it means something to defend their Coach. But I know pre game no one will say that. I for one don't care about pay back or player transfers..etc. I just want us to keep improving. I wanna see us take a page from Texas Volleyball and make it "just a business trip".

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Officiating seems to always be "strange" in Lubbock.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. geewago

geewago 100+ Posts

I predict TX by 13

• Like Like x 3
  14. Sangre Naranjada

OK, sorry. I didn't realize Colorado has a pulse this year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

It has come as a surprise to many of us!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Sincerely hookem

Sincerely hookem 100+ Posts

I would like to point out in whatever way anyone wants to take it but has anybody noticed that we haven’t released any of those trip pics or photos that we usually do. That to me insights that EVERYBODY knows what’s up and is taking this trip personal to an extent. We usually get photos of the team boarding the flight or travel photos but this trip to The Plains has been nothing. I for one is here for because I like a little spicy. Whether it’s said or unsaid it’s hostility in the air and it is what it is. They AC and we got Faye and we know who is winning that trade currently. I just wish it was on tv.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sangre Naranjada

Yeah, I wish it was on TV too, @Sincerely hookem

ESPN is usually pretty good about sniffing out bad blood type games and promoting them, but they sure missed this one.

18. UrsusArctos

UrsusArctos 100+ Posts

It's on ESPN+ - so for $9.99 per month you can watch these games and cancel 3 months later. This grudge match is must see TV. :popcorn:

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Its supposedly on ESPN+ (same place the Men's game got stuck with last night). I added ESPN+ last year simply by upgrading my Hulu account to add a discounted Disney+ bundle that includes Disney, Hulu and ESPN+. It's only $12.99 per month for all 3 channels and you can cancel it in a few months if you want to. I've been pretty happy with it because you can go back and replay the game too if you missed it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

I noticed this too. Also - Vic is supposed to do a mid-week presser which he obviously elected NOT to do BEFORE this game. That tells me he DOES NOT want to talk about it until it is over. He knows what the media is going to focus on. They spent a lot of time on the Vic vs. Krista aspect of this series last year. I think we are going all in on this game tonight. Really looking forward to it and hope we bring our "A" game.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I know this is probably a stupid question but I’m so inept at stuff like this (anything that even remotely touches technology lol), but is there some secret to syncing up the Longhorn broadcast to the streaming video? I’m anticipating I’m not going to be interested in whatever their broadcast crew has to say tonight.

22. cactus47

cactus47 25+ Posts

No secret. The TV action can be anywhere from 1 minute ahead of the radio broadcast to 2 minutes behind, depending on the network and sport. If it's behind, you're SOL. But if the TV is ahead, you can play with pausing the TV broadcast in little increments until they sync.

• Like Like x 1
  23. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Vic was in Lubbock last night watching 2025 Aaliyah Chavez’s Monterrey squad play.

Hopefully, she will be in attendance tonight, though most likely a guest of Texas Tech

25. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Moo I don't think we are allowed to invite recruits on road trips. I could be wrong but I remember hearing that at the UT vs OU Red River game. But man do I wanna see 2025 Aaliyah Chavez in burnt orange...

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

There have been a bunch of photos of their shoot around on FB.

27. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Exactly. I think too much is being read into this. Talking to some ttu folks their seeing the normal UT hatred. Nothing above and beyond that.

28. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Well looks like we won’t be seeing any ex-Longhorns in the game tonight. She’s not dressed out apparently. Shucks

29. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Trailing by six in the second quarter, we're looking like ****!

30. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Kinda hard to set up a press if you’re not scoring.

• Agree Agree x 1