Texas - UTSA GAME THREAD

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by WorsterMan, Sep 17, 2022.

1. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Card is getting better. Last year he drove me up a wall! He doesn't turn it over like he used to. It's great to develop your back up QB! He's a better runner than Ewers. If you would put Ewers throwing and Cards running into one QB! Yo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Your Wrong

Your Wrong 500+ Posts

For this season, the Card holds the ball too long; Ewers doesn’t is bogus. That may in fact turn out true, but out of Ewers 30 plus throws there have been a minimal number of them requiring reading anything beyond read 1. First two throws versus ULM. Poor reads. Poor decisions. Late decisions. One of the 4th down throws to Sanders way late ( still worked out). The nice, late dump to Sanders - pretty sure he missed a wide open dude early in the route. The almost TD to Worthy versus Bama. Late and slightly off target. You don’t throw to the back half of the end zone when you’re that open that quick (it shoulda been caught though). He’s young so I’d expect that and for now I don’t necessarily care. I did watch the passes I assume you reference. Roschon on both. Play 2 versus Bama. Early 2nd Q vs UTSA. If so, you’re merely highlighting confirmation bias. One got 24 yards; the other 19. There’s virtually no difference in the timing.

And yeah you can do the same for Card. But you can also say Card has shown signs of improvement this year. There is a general thought on the Longhorn internet webs that Card is a finished product. That’s dumb for multiple reasons. You didn’t state that and you gave credit to him so I’m not directing that to you.

There are likely multiple reasons Ewers is the guy. There might even be an off the field reason or two. I don’t even question who should be the starter. He for sure has the physical ability to reach the highest of levels. But there are absolutely double standards when it comes to this season’s performance.

It sounds like we’re on the same page that once Card transfers we would be fine with him getting beat in the national championship to a team led by Ewers (well assuming Ewers is still here).

3. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Ok. So when do you plan on having that cup of coffee with Sark and reporting back to me? He has said that Ewers throws a better deep ball and goes through the progression better. And an old near-sited lady in a nursing home can see the throwing motion. (I have references,) I have anointed Sark as a NEAR expert on the quarterback position. (Knows almost as much as me.) On one series Sat three consecutive flat passes were thrown for little gain. It does not have to be very slow to kill the deal. Especially if it is telegraphed.

Throw out the first game. It is not fair to evaluate a freshman quarterback in his first college game. He was exceptional in the Bama game. Can we agree? Perhaps we can have coffee.

Card should stay and let my quarterback whisperer build him up.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  4. Your Wrong

Your Wrong 500+ Posts

That’s part of the irony. Throw out Ewers 1st game in his 2nd year of college, but Cards 2nd game on the road with a shittier supporting cast is who he is. Forever. Got it. I even said about those regarding Quinn that I don’t really care at this point.

My debate was never Card over Ewers.
    But thanks.