Texas v Aggy April 2, 2019

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, Apr 2, 2019.

1. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

3. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Horns getting drilled 7-2 in the seventh inning in game very reminiscent of Tuesday game with Arkansas a few weeks ago that they were just never in. The Texas midweek staff not showing well and the offensive woes continue to pop up.

4. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Horns showing life it’s now 7-5 headed to 8th.

5. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Horns score again in 8th to cut lead to 7-6 as head to ninth.

6. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Aggy adds two runs in ninth and they lead 9-6 headed to bottom of the ninth.

7. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Horns lose 9-6.

• poop poop x 2
  8. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

bullpen comes thru again! :brickwall:

9. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

We started a freshman pitcher who had only pitched nine innings to date, and dug a 0-4 hole for ourselves in the first inning. Why? Does Pierce not understand that we kinda have a rivalry with these douchebags? We should have started Matt Whelan.

10. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Aggy scored four runs in second but I get the point above. It was a Tuesday game and the Horns need to find a number four pitcher if they want to do anything at the regionals and beyond. Pierce is hoping someone will step up. Right now the Horns have a strong one and two pitcher but weak three and no discernible four to go with a very shaky bullpen. That is not a good prescription for an Omaha worthy team.

11. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

12. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

13. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

So this game started out just like last year's game at CS, and for the same reason.

14. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

ugh!

I was getting hammered by texts from a couple aggys ... and of course, rather than accept a "congrats" they whined about "typical 'sip" when I'd correct their presumptions which came with the "end zone dance"

"you won, be happy. Accept my congrats, but don't think it's gonna become a habit. Every dog has his day, and your collie had hers tonight. AGAIN, hat tip."

15. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Never try to teach a pig to sing.

It pisses the pig off and will frustrate the hell out of you.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Never fight with a pig.

It's fun for the pig and all you get is muddy.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Look through the pitching roster and you'll see it loaded with Freshmen and Sophomores. He can't pitch the same arms every game if he wants to develop the young guys. I don't blame him for putting youngsters in difficult positions because it has to be done if you want them to improve.

18. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

when is the last time we had more upper classmen starting than lower class men starting?

19. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I'm not sure but he's in his 3rd year still building something. If we're still having the same conversation in 2-3 more years I might be worried unless we're in the world series every other year.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

in my day, the typical roster was mostly freshmen and sophomores ... juniors and seniors were signing in the Bigs.

• Agree Agree x 1