Texas v Aggy

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, Mar 14, 2017.

1. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  2. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

It was a great game. Aggie ranked 13 , UT unranked. In the end they had too many errors.

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Texas is a top 16 team if it had not blown a late inning loss against Stanford, thus losing the series.

4. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Nice play by Clemens at the plate on the bunt!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  5. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Great win. Watching it now, as I was calling baseball tonight. I didn't see a balk from Kennedy. You don't have to pause at the same spot every time....and it looked like he paused. "A complete and discernible stop " Looked legal to me.....No excuse for Reynolds dropping that tag....

6. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Nice win!

:hookem::bevo::hookem::bevo::hookem::bevo::hookem:

Let's keep this momentum up against Tech this weekend!

7. Horn_83

Horn_83 100+ Posts

8. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  10. LonghornCatholic

Kasey kicking aggy helmet was funny :smile1:

• Like Like x 1
  11. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Poor aggies!!

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  13. LonghornMD

LonghornMD 100+ Posts

Great game last night. Good drama at the end.

It seems as though a spin has been put on the storyline of the game by some people (media), a la "the Aggies had so many errors", implying that the Aggies lost themselves the game rather than the Horns winning it (maybe that was just my perception of media talk). That's a bunch of crap. Both sides had errors and periods of sub par play (balk gave A&M their first run, a dropped tag-out at third, numerous walks, etc.). Both teams had the opportunity to capitalize on the other's miscues. A good team makes the most of their opportunities, and that's what Texas did. Good players step up when it's needed to make special plays (see Kacy Clemens' fantastic play on the bunt), and that's what Texas did. Good teams stem the tide of their own bad plays, and rally to victory. That's what Texas did. It was a great win. Now let's move on Tech.

Side note: that Braden Shewmake (A&M) is a beast of a player.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Game highlights

• Like Like x 2
  15. LonghornCatholic

Someone explain the balk rule. Didn't look like one to me.

16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Each of the balks for not coming set was questionable and may not have been called by another crew. Subject to interpretation, but the first base ump got lots of TV time, so he's happy today.

• Like Like x 1
  17. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Any illegal act by the pitcher with runners on base.
    There are multuple ways for the pitcher to have a balk called against him, but the one you are refering to is from the set position he must come to a complete and discernible stop before delivering his pitch to the plate......
    The AGGY didn't STOP. His glove slowly drifted...BUT...Kennedy DID stop ( though very brief )..It was discernible and should not have been called.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Pooooooooooooor Aggggggyyyyyyyyyy!

Who's your Daddy?

19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

4th,

Did you watch the game? Give the Aggies some credit. Have you EVER seen that many Aggies able to count to FOUR? Granted is was a unified cheer of "ball one, ball two, ball three, ball four", and since so many Aggies did it, it is now an "Aggie tradition", but that is some "high math" for The Cesspool on the Brazos.

20. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I was under the impression they just run out of time, so that cannot be right.

Also, the only error an aggy makes is choosing to be an aggy. All meltdowns occurring after that are usual aggy behavior.

21. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thus, the unique phrase "Aggie it", which they have done so well since before I was a Longhorn.

:hookem2: :texasflag: :bevo:

• Like Like x 1