Texas v. Hawaii Game Two

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, Feb 26, 2011.

1. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Hit and run, ball hit sharply but right at outfielder, we are sunk.

2. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

In other news, I came upon a moose this afternoon whilst cross-country skiing--only the third I've seen up close and personal. It was standing in the middle of the trail and it gave no indication that it desired to leave, so I turned around and skied home.

The moose, my friends, was loose.

3. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

I was only half serious, warrior. I'm just cranky on the hoops subject because of the team's poor form of late.

The weak bats from our 'Horns in this game doesn't help, either.

4. accuratehorn

Knebel is pitching, I know nothing about him. Has he pitched for UT before this?
    It's Corey Knebel from Georgetown HS according to media guide-freshman 6-3, 195, and he gets three up three down!
    On to 13th.

5. accuratehorn

No moose batting for Texas, first batter grounds out, Wong throws him out.
    Tant Shepard, long, long fly, off the center field wall, not over though, goes for a one out double. The moose was loose after all.

6. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

I understand I am kind of down right now on UT sports but tomorrow the sun will come up and there will be better days ahead.

7. accuratehorn

Wow, base hit, puts runners on first and third with only one out. Pinch runner coming in at first.

8. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

If Hawaii had a moose playing center field, it would've run down Shepherd's liner and made the catch for an out.

9. accuratehorn

Hawaii has no moose, but state bird is a goose, the nene.
    1-2 the count, Montalbano batting, ball 2, fans are grousing.
    liner to short, double play, wasted opportunity. Bummer.

10. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Double-******* play. Unreal.

It's like this team can't score unless the opponent gives it to them via bases on balls and hits by pitch.

11. accuratehorn

Well, great, we plunk the first batter right in the back. Hawaii bunts to pitcher, sac bunt, runner on second, one out.

12. accuratehorn

Intentional walk puts runners on first and second, one out, setting up possible double play. We need a ground ball to short. But Swayze who hit the three RBI double is coming to bat.

13. accuratehorn

Wow, Knebel strikes out the game's leading hitter, two outs now. 0-1 now on next batter.
    0-2, fastball right down the pipe.
    1-2, batter wouldn't go for the high hard one.
    Foul tip, 1-2, two men on.
    Hit weakly to first, inning over, we go to the 14th!!!!

14. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

I just got home from a party, and am joining this game at the top of the 14th. Sweet. But the time stamps for people's posts are an hour off from Austin time. And this is certainly not Craig Way on the radio. I feel discombobulated.

15. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Welcome to the after party. If you enjoy listening to runners being stranded in scoring position, this place is a riot.

16. accuratehorn

Anyone still need these updates? Weiss just crushed a two out triple, RBI chance for Walla.

17. NebLHAB

NebLHAB 500+ Posts

Anyone else lose their audio?

Pls keep updating.

18. earl77

earl77 500+ Posts

Yes, thanks Accuratehorn.

19. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Weiss is one helluva ballplayer.

20. accuratehorn

OK, fly out ends UT's threat in the 14th, going to the bottom of the inning. Don't know how long Knebel can go, but he's really doing the job so far.

21. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Walla's been a ballah today, but he couldn't get it done there.

22. accuratehorn

The ubiquitous Wong...F9, he's out #1.
    Next batter, K swinging, out #2.
    Third batter, 1-1pitch, line drive at short, base hit. Loy knocked it down, did not have a play.

23. accuratehorn

Next batter hits a base hit, and the throw to third hit the batter in the back, runner thought about trying to score, but coach held him at third. Runners at the corners, two out. Come on, just need one out, Skip Johnson strolls out to the mound, to the non-delight of the locals.

24. accuratehorn

First pitch, "bounding ball to short" but taken by Loy to second for easy out! To the 15th we go.

25. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Neither of these teams has been what I would call "clutch" tonight.

26. accuratehorn

Three up, three down in the top of the 15th. Going to the bottom of the inning. Will have to win in the sweet 16th.

27. accuratehorn

Announcer just stated the Hawaii stadium is named for the former coach who beat Texas to advance to the college world series, their only appearance there.
    I was at that game in Austin at Disch-Falk Field, forget the year, but the sky blackened towards the end of the game, and not too long after the loss, as I recall, Austin suffered the famous Memorial Day flood.
    Hawaii gets a hit, one on no outs, bunt moves runner up to second, one out. Man in scoring position.

28. Trifecta

Trifecta 250+ Posts

Thanks for the updates. Keep them coming.

29. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

30. accuratehorn

Correct me if I'm wrong about the memory of the flood following the Hawaii regional tournament loss.
    Back to the game where a wild pitch moves runner to third, not a good situation. Infield coming in, any ball out of the infield and game ends, but Swayze strikes out. Two outs. There's a chance.
    0-1 on a swing and miss.
    Wild pitch, game over, back to back wild pitches ends the game with a wimper, not a bang.
    Can I hear a harumph?