Texas v. Kansas May 19-20, 2022

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, May 19, 2022.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

We do have this in common with Gus’s squads—Excellent Fielding.

2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

With Okie State about to put Baylor away I have no idea how the Big XII breaks the 3 way tie between OU Tech and Okie State for second. They all went 3-3 against each other winning one series and losing other, no idea who goes where and who Texas gets on Wednesday. Maybe they invoke the little known but now often used screw the teams leaving for the SEC rule and slot OU at 4 putting Okie State third since Tech took 2 of three from them.

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

That's probably how it plays out, but that game has been delayed by lightning in the bottom of the 9th. Okie State is up 11-6, but Baylor has men on 1st and 2nd with one out. As we've learned over the years, sometimes weird things happen after weather delays.

5. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

Weird ending to the Okie State/Baylor game indeed. They called the game, pretended the 9th inning never existed, and changed the final score to 9-5 (the score after 8 full innings).

• Hot Hot x 1
  6. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

So nixon still hasn’t figured out how to pound the strike zone yet? Ugh

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Alternatively he is trying to maximize his pitch count. There are 3 empty bases to start every AB.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Naaaaahhh …

He’s just trying to get the game to extra innings so Ivan would get another chance to break the Homerun record.

9. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Let's finish it and get the SWEEP on Sunday! :hookem:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

We got the sweep. KU was a Thursday, Friday, and Saturday series.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Oops, my bad.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  13. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

I confess - I checked on the baseball game now and then while I was watching the last round of the PGA. Nice to see that the Horns got the sweep. Now it's time to concentrate on the Big XII Tournament.

• Agree Agree x 1