Texas v ksu thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by caryhorn, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Murphy'sBoy

Murphy'sBoy 1,000+ Posts

Gonna take a break from Texas football and watch something more pleasant and light hearted, like presidential politics

• Like Like x 2
  2. msdw24

msdw24 1,000+ Posts

Can we get a new coaching staff now PLEASE

3. idahohorn

idahohorn 250+ Posts

Yes

• Like Like x 1
  4. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Aggy...not even close!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I've been a Charlie supporter, give him his chance, etc. etc. until now. He needs to go. The defense was atrocious, unacceptable. Four losses in the past five games. No way he goes .500 this year. Nothing short of 8-4 acceptable to me. No way they win the last five.

You had your shot Charlie. You couldn't do it. You've got to go.

• Like Like x 3
  6. scottsp

scottsp 100+ Posts

Obviously there is a point when the coaches are culpable. We are certainly well beyond that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

:thumbsup: to Dline, RB, QB
    :thumbsdown: LB, DB, WR, K, Coaching
    : push: OL, P

No excuse, Coach

• Like Like x 1
  8. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

Frickin first and goal at the 9, and we take NO shots into the end zone.....2 running plays....then a missed field goal......that series was the game. What horrible play calling!!!

9. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

The studio announcers are crushing strong.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

This is a time of great decision
    Are we to stay or up and quit
    There's no avoiding this conclusion
    Our team is turning into shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

• Like Like x 1
  11. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

As they should.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Luthor Billis

Luthor Billis 100+ Posts

:-D Great reference!

13. idahohorn

idahohorn 250+ Posts

I forgot, what does a slant route or post route look like. God forbid a crossing pattern.

14. scottsp

scottsp 100+ Posts

Dead man walking.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

Can we grab the entire K. State coaching staff and hope Snider lives for a few more years?

• Like Like x 3
  17. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

When you really go back and look at these games man we could easily be undefeated right now. We just find away to piss It away.

18. msdw24

msdw24 1,000+ Posts

Poor fundamentals... Poor discipline, it's a bad bad football team...and I don't think anyone on the 40 has the balls to fire them and make a good hire...too much PC and $$$ greed by Belmont to make a proper decision. I'm not buying any more Longhorn gear, will spend time with my kids next week....not at the stadium, and generally boycott spending any more $ on this crap till some changes are made.

19. idahohorn

idahohorn 250+ Posts

The score today does not reflect how poorly we played.

• Like Like x 4
  20. msdw24

msdw24 1,000+ Posts

Nobody on this team today is deserving of a thumbs up

21. Walking Boss

A
    Also glad we don't trow to foreman out of the backfield more like on the last drive that would just be stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Walking Boss

A gra
    A great coach once said good luck happens when preparation meets opportunity. Charlie's team is what you get when unprepared meets opportunity.

23. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

Poll Time:
    Exactly where is the "cesspool" Herbstreit was describing?
    A.) Belmont Hall
    B.) Coaching Offices
    C.) In the Stands
    D.) On the Field
    E.) In the City of Austin

24. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

No way Shane gets a thumbs up. Yea, he had some dropped balls, but he also had too many bad plays. 3rd and 4 and he throws it in the dirt going for a score. Sliding 1 yd short. At least 2 times he took sacks when the pocket was there to step up into. He's a freshman and played like it. It's just we've had crap for QB so long, everyone gives him a pass. No matter how bad the D played bottom line we only scored 21. That's not enough to win in the big 12. Play calling though in critical situations was the suck as it's been all year. Offense, defense, special teams all sucked. Tired of this crap. Going fishing from now on.

25. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Aggy, no question.
    More reflection on what a poor team we played and how we made them look good.

26. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

27. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

no he didn't. he threw an 80% completion game. no one is perfect. he was very good.

• Like Like x 1
  28. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

I'd fire Charlie now and see what Gilbert can do with this mess. I've been pretty disappointed in red zone play calling, but he still moved his family and turned around an O from total suck to 1/2 decent in one year. Now he'll be out because if we get Herman, Major's coming with him.

• Like Like x 1
  29. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

Get Jimbo and Les off the list....they're "cesspools" in and of themselves.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Walking Boss

Gilbert wil be ok no matter what happens with Charlie or the new hire. He has shown more than enough that he won't be unemployed for long and will probably get another high profile oc job.

• Like Like x 1