Texas v ksu thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by caryhorn, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

That list is scary. In my opinion it should be Fedora, Herman, Peterson(not that we have any shot at him), and harsin, with chad Morris a distance after that.

2. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

Shane played great.....our receivers and play calling let him down, however.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

As wobbly as that thing was, I was sure someone had a hand or finger on it at the line. If not, then who can we find by Wednesday who CAN kick? Because it damned sure is NOT Domingue...

4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Agree.

5. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

I'd look to the NFL as well. This time we can not miss. We have some talent if we can get the right coach. The Baylor 4 makes this class not as critical. Good thing if we get Herman, we probably get a few of his recruits as well.

6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

That is IMPOSSIBLE sir...our kicker is incapable of striking anything in a manner that would be on target

• Like Like x 3
  7. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Looks like all the guys saying that now that Strong was in trouble they'd suddenly stop playing ****** were all talk.

Plenty of guys coast on talent and not intelligence.

We have one of the top 5 RBs in the country. Running is hardly an awful play call just b/c with hindsight you see a particular run play got stopped.

A slant is what Leonard dropped to turn a TD into a failed 4th down.

Hager. DForeman.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Swoopes took care of business on his two plays, converting a third down and scoring a TD on the next play.

9. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

He was in shock that the ball was actually thrown on a slant pattern...

10. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Read the posting guidelines and let me know which part of the first paragraph is unclear to you.

• Like Like x 5
  11. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

We had 2 running plays in a row.....Foreman's on 1st down I can see.....but having Shane run on 2nd down (for a loss) was not a good call.

12. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I don't know where to begin or what to say. I will say these guys have talent, but is terribly under utilized and under developed. Discipline is lacking for example 5 penalties on the first drive. That's nuts!

I'll add, some of the recruits have said if Charlie is the HC they won't come to Texas. Why play for a guy that can't get you to at least playing for championships? If players threaten to transfer why play for a guy that can't maximize your skill? Crazy...

13. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I really think this team could be a fine team. I don't think they could be undefeated though. Not with a freshman QB and center. But with great coaching, and there is no reason Texas should not have a great coaching staff from top to bottom, this team could be 8-4 to 10-2. Somewhere in that range.
    At this point in our schedule, with the talent our QB and receivers have shown, we should be no worse than 5-2.

14. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Hager didn't block the QB on the INT and the QB made the tackle to keep us from scoring.

15. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Couldn't watch the game live. Just finished watching it.

How many times on third and long did Ertz run for a first down? It seemed like at least 20 times. I guess having Malik or Wheeler or Hager spy him would have been unfair or something. On the play he threw the INT to Freeman, he could have run for 20 yards. It was wide open. We made zero adjustments as usual. We just caught some breaks in the second half.

• Like Like x 1