Texas v KSU

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by caryhorn, Jan 2, 2019.

1. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Turned on the tv and dialed up the game and to my dismay aliens had invaded the Horns locker room and taken over the team. They suited up in Texas uniforms and played. It was incredible. The extraterrestrials played well, shot 5o% from beyond the 3 point arc, and beat KSU by 20!!

Sadly, I fear the aliens will board their spaceship and head back to their home planet after they undress and shower, leaving us to suffer next game, as we watch the real players on the court shoot the typical 27% from beyond the arc.

Oh well, I enjoyed it while it lasted.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Febres was on fire tonight - 8/10 FG 7/9 on 3s

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Honestly, randomly hitting a bunch of 3s and beating anyone does not surprise me. If they shoot 20% and lose to WVU at home, that wont surprise me either.

Anyway, I am glad Texas gave Kansas State a loss on their home court. I always like when the Horns beat them in anything.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Tuned in for second half honestly expecting Texas to be team losing by 20 and was pleasantly surprised to see Horns with lead and making their shots. I'm not sure it was aliens but it sure didn't seem like the same Texas team that dropped 3 of 4 at home to Radford VCU and Providence. Nice road win in Big XII now if they can just find 8 more conference wins then maybe they have shot at tournament but frankly I just dont see it yet.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  5. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

He was unstoppable tonight. 8 of 10 is amazing. If he (and the team) shoots 40% from beyond the arc for the rest of the season I'd gladly take it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Hard to get too excited about it. Shaka’s Teams have done this before (this year in fact against UNC and first half against sparty) and followed it up with an extended stretch of abysmal shooting and play. I will buy in when the play and shooting is consistently good.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

I agree, it wouldn't surprise me if we came out our next game and laid an egg. In fact, I thought it was going to happen this game when from 3 min left in the first half to 3 min into the second half we went from leading 25 - 17 to trailing 27 - 25

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Did we really play that well or is KSU just not very good? They are 10-3 and that was their first home loss, but they don't appear to have exactly played murderer's row this year so far either.

9. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

KSU had two player on the sidelines with injuries. Two starters I think, so they were not 100%. Good win, shooting was a nice surprise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Two of the teams top 3 scorers were out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Ah that makes more sense then. But I'll take the wins however we can get them. Nobody apologized for us for beating us while we had a player sitting out with cancer (nor should they have).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SAMMCHornfan

SAMMCHornfan 250+ Posts

Agree, the Horns could say the same thing ever since AJ went down.

13. SAMMCHornfan

SAMMCHornfan 250+ Posts

Texas Tech just beat that same KSU team by 6 at home.