Texas v. Notre Dame College World Series June 17, 2022

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, Jun 13, 2022.

1. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

Tristan pitched well, kudos to him. He actually did better than hansen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Wanted Stevens to start. Hate we spent him in a losing effort.

We have to get a pitching coach.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

4. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

ND pitched and hit very well. Be fun to send ATM packing…

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Sending A&M packing at 0-2 will put a bow-tie on the season. Of course, they are thinking the reverse.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, I was thinking that’s what coach was going to do, use him in the third game as a starter cause he’s been pitching well. Now we’re in trouble. Someone in the pitching staff is going to have to be a hero, may need several hero’s now. And the bats need to come alive.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

Not many teams have come out of the losing bracket to the championship, it’s been done but our chances are slim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

Link Jarrett, done a great coaching job at a non power house baseball school, in only his second season has his team two wins away from being in the championship game. This is how quick it can get done by a great coach. I imagine he will be heading off to fla st after the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

So we make it to Omaha just to get sent home by Aggy?

10. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I missed this game. Based on the reports, I’m almost glad I did. Don’t worry, Gordon takes the mound for our next game, and the ags can be hit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

And do the Horns have enough pitching depth to come through the losers bracket? That is a tall order. I just hope they have enough to win one more game. I love this team and they deserve better than to get sent home by aggies.

• Agree Agree x 7
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  12. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

It wasn’t bad, hansen wasn’t staying ahead except on the very first batter of the game. The two pitches that were knocked out of the park looked like they were thrown on the outside of the plate to me and ND hitters went with the pitch to the shallowest part of the field, I didn’t think hansen made a bad pitch on those balls but he stayed in trouble cause he kept pitching from behind. The difference between our pitching and ND was first two pitches were strikes and ours weren’t most of the time. Batting was off, I’m going to give the tip of the cap to the ND pitchers cause they threw strikes and worked ahead, controlled the game. Exact opposite of our starter. Their FRESHMAN pitcher came in continued the same success as the previous pitchers.

it seemed to me that they had their pitchers on very short leashes. At the first sign that our offense was about to get going, he would make a change. I thought the two pitching changes were critical and made at the perfect time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Let’s beat the aggys first and worry about the rest later.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

MC,

Tomorrow is very important to our program. Does beating the Aggies mean anything to these kids? Is there a hunger/desire in this team other than the upcoming draft? Can Pearce motivate these kids?

Making it to Omaha should be a step towards the goal, not the goal itself. There will always be someone faster, someone better, but as Gus liked to say, "You can win them all if you're good enough".

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

Motivation and Pierce dont belong in the same sentence.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  16. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

When your “ace” has an ERA north of 4, you have problems. Hansen has not had a good outing since his gem in the conference tournament against okie lite. Stevens has been our best long inning pitcher since the big 12 tourney and we spent him on a loss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

I don't quarrel with the decision to put Stevens into the game. At that point there was still a reasonable chance to come back and win - and staying in the winner's bracket is a key to CWS success.
    Having said that, the Longhorns didn't come back - now they're in the loser's bracket and have to find a way to come back in order to win the CWS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Absolutely.