Texas v Oklahoma May 16-18

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, May 16, 2019.

1. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Horns host Oklahoma it what may well be their last three games of the season.

Baseball preview: Oklahoma - University of Texas Athletics

PROBABLE STARTING PITCHERS
    THURSDAY–
    Texas So. RHP Bryce Elder (2-3, 2.81) vs. Oklahoma Jr. RHP Nathan Wiles (7-3, 3.81)
    FRIDAY–Texas Jr. RHP Blair Henley (6-3, 3.36) vs. Oklahoma So. LHP Levi Prater (6-4, 2.93)
    SATURDAY–Texas Fr. RHP Ty Madden (4-1, 3.26) vs. Oklahoma TBA

A sweep might (correction would) get Texas into the Big XII tournament (Thanks Phil).

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  2. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

It was my understanding a sweep puts us in the B12 tourney for sure. Winning 2 of 3 gives "an outside chance of sneaking in". Am I wrong about this?

3. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

Due credit to Occupy LF:

Scenario #1: Texas sweeps OU = IN!
    Scenario #2: KU sweeps KSU Texas take 2 of 3 from OU = IN!

4. Phil Elliott

Team will now play a DH on Friday and scratch the Sat game due to weather forecast.

5. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Email from UT.....

Due to the weather forecast for Saturday, May 18, Texas Baseball vs Oklahoma will instead play a doubleheader on Friday, May 17 starting at 1 p.m. at UFCU Disch-Falk Field. The second game on Friday between the Longhorns and Sooners will get underway at 6:30 p.m.

*** IMPORTANT ***
    Season Ticket Purchasers - Please utilize the Friday ticket to access both games.

Mini Plan Purchasers with the Saturday game can exchange their ticket at the box office for a GA ticket for both games on Friday. All tickets are subject to availability.

Single game purchasers can contact the ticket office to arrange an exchange or get a refund on tickets.

Thank you for your understanding.

Texas Athletic Ticket Office
    512-471-3333

6. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

2-0 OU end of 5th..,

7. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Final OU 4 UT 2....KSU magic # = 1.

8. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

So Pierce how much more do we give you for our HC??

9. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

PM me if you want 2 free tickets to the 6:30 game....and if you like self-punishment!!:yippee:

10. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Why do I even watch this team? I might as well just poke myself in the eye with an ice pick.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

12. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

It's ingrained in us to watch them due to the many years of success. I watched almost every Charlie Strong team play and that was more painful.
    Coach needs to find hitters for next year or it isn't going to get better.

13. Phil Elliott

We helped them a lot. Errors, walks, balks and wild pitches moved them around the bases more than their hitting. We outhit them 8-6.

14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Radio coverage? I click on school's site to listen online as always, and I have two halfwits talking about Belichek. Am I relegated to Radio Free Dust Bowl broadcasting from a trailer park in Wynnewod?

15. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Austin radio 101.9 FM & 1260 AM

16. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

3-0 OU top 2nd

17. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

5-0 mid 3rd

18. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

9-0 top 4th....the end is nigh!!

19. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

20. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

21. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

13-0 7th inning stretch....mercy rule in place. This season goes straight into the UT "Hall of Shame"!!

22. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

FINAL 13-0....run ruled in 7. Time to shut down this thread and move to “On the Field”!!!

23. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Well now we are looking down the barrel of the 5th losing season in 123 years.

24. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

Not a losing season, but sure feels like one.

25. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

Pierce has a lot of work to do to right this ship. No hitting and an extremely weak bullpen doesn't leave him much in the way of a bright light moving forward.

We just flat-out collapsed in the second half of the season and it was frustrating to watch. When Pierce took over as third base coach it became pretty obvious he had no real answers to get the team on track. That was just a desperation move with no real positive outcome possible.

26. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Horns win night cap 6-4

Baseball wins 6-4 over Oklahoma on Senior Day - University of Texas Athletics

An April collapse doomed this team and leaves Pierce with a huge job this off season. If last year they way overachieved getting to Omaha, this year was a massive disappointment and leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth. The Horns can bounce back and fall ball is just a few short months away.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Phil Elliott

FIFY.

28. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Next Year! I'm going out on a limb and calling at least 30 wins and at least next to last place in the Big 12!