Texas v Sam Houston State February 26, 2019

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, Feb 26, 2019.

1. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Horns win 10-3.

Horns now have scored in only 3 innings in the last 3 games combined

3. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Texas may have only scored in two innings tonight but they scored 10 runs so it is hard to not come away from tonight feeling good about where Texas is at early in the year and to feel good about a quality midweek win over a likely tourny team in SHSU. They flashed stat tonight on LHN that Texas is now 19-0 at home in midweek games under Pierce, that was something that had really fallen off late in the Augie years and it is impressive how his focus on Tuesday and Sunday has been so successful. :hookem:

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Shhhhh! You are bumming my troll

• Like Like x 2
  5. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

6. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

At the end of the game, they said that UT now has more extra-base hits than they have singles. Power, baby!

• Like Like x 1
  7. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

4 doubles in a row in the bottom of the 5th.

8. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

<sarc> Yeah, but they're not scoring in enough innings. <sarc>

9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I'll take number of runs scored over any other stat. As an example my daughters softball team scored in 4 of the first five innings building a 10-0 lead last night, however their opponent scored 15 runs in the bottom of the 5th and 6th while we scored 2 in the 6th. We scored in 5 of 7 innings losing while the other team only scored in 2 of 6 (they we're the home team). All that matters is scoring enough to win. Yeah, she was pretty devastated being two outs away from a run rule when the pitcher fell apart not having anyone to bring in as relief.

Sure theoretically the more in innings scored in usually means more runs, but some teams have a knack for going on a run when it counts.