Texas vs A&M-elimination game

Discussion in 'Softball' started by BabHorn, May 21, 2016.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

picking this up late. Horns down 3-5 in the bottom of the fifth (Horns are home team). Still a lot of popups in innings four and five. Paige pitched 3 innings and Tiarra starting on her third inning with a walk.

2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

two walks in a row to start the sixth. have to wonder if Kristen will get a shot here.

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

walk #3 in the inning. Tiarra just doesn't have the control she displayed in the first game.

4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

gave up two runs. Horns now down 3-7 going into the bottom of the sixth. Horns hitting .176 going into their turn at bat. A&M has a .381 hitting average after six innings.

5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Reagan leads with a double.

6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Horns go down in order after that leadoff double by Reagan.

7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

got a bit more difficult for a comeback with that shot by A&M to score run # 8.

8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

hit just past Tiarra and up the middle to score run #9.
    Horns give up two more runs in the top of the seventh. Down 9-3 coming to their last at bat until they can tie it.

9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

dang, they seem to be taking a first pitch strike right down the middle.

10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

popup fly for out one.

11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

fly out to centerfield for out two.

12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

well, ball hit to second base and that's the last out.
    A&M ousts Texas 9-3.
    Horns coming home with their season over. They go 1-2 in the regional, dropping their last two games after winning the first.
    Horns pitching and hitting went dormant in those last two games.

13. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Clarke lost this one early in the day when she wasted her best pitcher in a butt kicking. She should have pulled Davis with 80 pitches and saved her for Aggy. Any half-wit knows Von Sprecken (sp) and Clarke couldn't hold Aggy..... Shame on her for letting Aggy get the last laugh.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

In the fourth inning my daughter asked why she would leave the same pitcher in the game throwing like she was. I said, "Good question."

With the season on the line it's like Clarke threw up her hands and gave up.

15. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

I guess they wanted to get back in time for the Tower Commencement Ceremony...LOL
    Why else would you just LET Aggy beat you ???????

16. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Hate to say it but Connie Clark should be fired! Texas should not accept mediocrity and that is all she has done for the last 16 years! Time for a change! Rick Barnes was a good guy to and his teams won some but were mediocre and it was time for him to go! Texas softball should be a top 16 team EVERY year! It's not going to get better until then!

17. Hipsquare

Hipsquare 100+ Posts

I have been saying this for at least 5 years.

18. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Have to agree. If she could not win at least one championship with one of the best (if not the best) pitcher ever then there are issues.

19. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

My goodness.