Texas vs aggy

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by old65horn, Dec 8, 2019.

1. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Well, we won 60-50. That was, I Guess, the extent of the good news. Coleman was 4-6 TO /A, that is terrible. Ramey was 7-3. Jones was our best in the game in my not knowledgeable opinion. He was 5-1 A/TO; 5 of 11 from the field and 2 of 4 from 3.

Need to get better fast, conference is starting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  2. EasternHorn

EasternHorn 500+ Posts

Don't disagree that our offense struggles. However, trying to be optimistic, our defense has looked good this year except for the 2nd half of the Georgetown game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Over all the defense has been fundamentally sound. This is a league where 60 points will win most games. I am more optimistic than I have been in a long time.

And if nothing else, the men beating the br-aggies and the women winning on Rocky Top on the same day, is a very good thing.

:hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

I forgot it was on (basically my level of interest now since what i’ve seen so far is nothing different from previous years) so I only saw the last 12 minutes or so of the game. What I saw is that aggy is not a good team. We were better than them which is not saying much. The part I watched was bad basketball, with the exception of a few plays Kai Jones made. Texas needs him to make huge strides in the coming weeks. The announcers sounded like they wanted to be anywhere else than at the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

An announcer said the conference was down this year with KU and BU being the best. Don't remember who it was..... So if the conference is down and there are only two good teams; Shaka should finish no worse than third if we are any good at all.

6. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I can't believe the agroids got that bad. They look like a bad Sun Belt conference team. And of course Texas played down to the level of competition.

7. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

What?!?!! aggy is $EC good - just ask them. ;)

8. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

The announcer/color commentator kept saying that the Horns were an athletic team that could get in the paint and score; but weren't trying hard enough to do that. Also said they would need balance offensively--getting to the hoop as well as jump shots--to go anywhere in the conference and the NCAA tourney. I agree.

• Agree Agree x 1