Texas vs Baylor: Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Statalyzer, Oct 29, 2016.

1. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Still shaking!! Great win Horns!! I need a drink....or 8.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Helluva game! Way to go Horns. Beat BU and the officials.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

• Like Like x 8
  4. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

#SucksToBU

• Like Like x 5
  5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Better a Pair of Foremans than a Full House of Rapists.

• Like Like x 8
  6. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Love to beat Baylor.

• Like Like x 1
  7. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Yes Sir You Should

• Like Like x 5
  8. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

And that WAS a fumble that MJ recovered and ran in. The QB's arm did not go forward. Should have been a TD.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Have to give credit where credit is due; the "D" is much improved. Now Gilbert is driving me crazy with some of his play selection.
    But what rhe heck, a great win for the team!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

I thought so.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

The most baffling non-fumble fumble in all my years of watching FB. As usual, a lot of other questionable calls too. Sure looked like Tyrone put the tip of the ball over the GL on his TD try.
    Although the use of the 18 wheeler multiple times on 3rd and 5 is baffling too. It doesn't work anymore, B12 defenses have it figured out.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

At the end on 3rd down,--Why did we snap the ball with 22 seconds on the play clock? Seriously?

• Like Like x 2
  13. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

No kidding...

14. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Don't know. We had a TO and could have run it down further. At least it turned out ok since the D teed off on Baylor.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Because our coaches have no awareness of these strategic details.

• Like Like x 1
  16. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Actually, Strong and McWilliams were neck and neck. Nothing to be proud of, just pointing it out.

17. horninchicago

On the Swoopes fumble that the announcers just could not figure out why it was called an incomplete pass, it wasn't. Why was it so hard to figure out the BU head coach was signaling to decline the penalty that occurred on that play. He is not a ref and was not signaling incomplete.

Announcers were morons. I don't watch Sportscenter and Levy is one reason why. Self-important douche.

• Like Like x 4
  18. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Fine win by the Horns. Beat a rated team!! Interesting how the defense has been much better in the second half the last two weeks.
    The true freshmen are both (Shane and Shack) are showing growing pains. But even so, they came through when it mattered.

Credit to the players and coaches. A win is a win. Personally, I don't care if its pretty or not. Great to beat Baylor!!:hookem3:

• Like Like x 6
  19. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Chin I was SCREAMING at the top. If my lungs to wait, call a TO at 1 sec on the play clock

20. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

The call in the stadium on the fumble was that Russell was called down by forward progress. Which was aggravating bc that meant the ref supposedly blew a whistle. However, he did not go running in right away stopping the play pointing at the groud; he waited forever to make the call when his own whistle--if he blew it--was the only point

21. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Strange game all around, Russell runs all over the D but Texas finds a way to make just enough plays to win. And at end all that matters is the W so I will take it. Cant really say much more than that.:hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  22. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

This^^^. I was yelling at my tv about this. They totally missed that Swoopes recovered his own fumble. That the Baylor player did NOT recover the fumble!!

• Like Like x 1
  23. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yep, an ugly win is a win all the same. I'll take it any time over a game where we play great and lose.

24. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, they have no football savvy. Probably never played the game.

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  26. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn 500+ Posts

[​IMG]

A picture I took at the end of the game. \m/

• Like Like x 4
  27. horninchicago

Griese did but he is as bad at announcing as his dad was.

• Like Like x 1
  28. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Well once we put Swoopes I felt the same way. However, what I really wanted was to run the play and try and get a 1st down assuming we run Foreman. As I did not trust a FG, I thought our best bet was to try and score a TD. It was 3rd and 3. Give Foreman the damn ball and tell him to get the 1st. Then run him until either there is only a few seconds to kick, or score the damn TD. Instead we run Swoopes backwards making it even a more difficult FG.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  30. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

When you have a record like we do, style points simply do not matter.

• Like Like x 2