Texas vs Baylor game thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Statalyzer, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Thanks Baylor return man for costing your team 10 yards instead of just kneeling and taking the 25 yard line for free.

Chris Brown drops an interception that was right in his hands. He didn't flex afterward though, so that's an improvement.

BU looked like they were gonna go for it on 4th and 2 from their own 40, but I think they were just trying to draw us offsides. Surprisingly, it didn't work.

2. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

It wasn't their 30. Like the 48.

3. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Glad to see BR starting at RB

4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Anybody got a stream? My usual network is not showing it.

5. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Can I just say we suck. They showed blitz, Gotta throw the hot route.

6. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Our punter has become a liability. Time to replace him.

7. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

First two running plays go nowhere with no room to run. We pass on 3rd long and Sam is under pressure before he can even look for his primary route. Ended up having to throw it away. Looks like our OL has put these last 2 weeks to no good use at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Suck in every facet of the game. If we hadn't of had a huge front, I'd be on the lake fishing. Make it if I had anything meaningful to do I'd skip this abomination of a football team.

9. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Why is Ryan B still the punter? Is there something he brings to the practices or the locker room that's indispensable? This is our worst punting experience since the early 90s.

10. Mike the Texan

Mike the Texan 250+ Posts

Total **** series to start, topped off by a pathetic punt. Looks like we're going to dig a big hole to start... Again.

11. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

They blitz a hot corner. Sam has to throw to the open hot route. That's on him and the receiver. If they bring 7 you aren't going to block them all.

12. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

That first offensive series is all we needed to see coming off the bye week. Same crap. When will Herman bench that punter?

13. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Dang Aussies. What are they good for besides drinking too much beer and beating their wives and girlfriends.

:smile1::rolleyes1::smile1::rolleyes1::smile1::rolleyes1::smile1::rolleyes1::smile1::rolleyes1:

14. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Baylor knew what we going to do on that first play before we did.

15. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Chris Brown really annoys me

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

The LHN crew all felt like today would be a fairly easy win. Wish I felt the same...

Aaaaaand there's Brown's first flex...

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Mike the Texan

Mike the Texan 250+ Posts

Good defense series. All the wrong way and punt for Baylor.

18. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Beat me to it!

19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Baylor had a great DL last year, but graduated their best 3 linemen as well as their best LB. With the guys we have returning, we should be blowing them back.

20. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Another crappy punt. He needs to be replaced.

21. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

While I don't typically mind running, what is it about Baylor's defense that says we need to run for like 8 out of 10 plays? Are we just willing the run to happen? This seems so stubborn and unprepared.

22. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

If Sam runs to the left nothing there. Instead he runs right into 2. WTF Sam????

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Wow, Bujcevski could have jogged lazily up the middle and still easily gotten the first down.

24. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

I know, let's go hurry up. Hurry up and not give the Horns defense any time to catch their breath.

25. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

We have no offensive identity right now. How about some flow back and easy throw to the TE?

26. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

Good Texas offense vs good Baylor defense.
    Lousy Baylor offense vs lousy Texas defense.

This could be a very tedious game.

27. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

No. He would have waited until a defensive player was close so that it could be blocked...

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

which one? Double python? Opposing pipes? Or the Javelin Thower?

29. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Baylor lost a lot of both sides of the ball. If we were worth a crap this is an easy game. Instead every game will be a nail biter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Baylor looks like a better football team so far. Let that sink in.