Texas vs Baylor

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Wishbonemac, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

Orange Out at Georges.

First Big O's on me

I'm predicting the team starts angry and plays well and we leave with Bear pelt.

2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Not sure anger will cause them to suddenly be able to shoot the ball and score.

3. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I don't think Texas wins. Baylor is almost as talented as our guys, and BU is at home.

Plus, I think Barnes has no answers at this time. His offensive ideas just seem exhausted. If we don't have a hot shooter, then we are typically sunk. Barnes cannot seem to scheme to get guys open low and generate points in the paint.

4. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

It's amazing how uninteresting such a talented team can be to watch.

5. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I feel like since Stanford we play teams that never miss while we also have a terrible shooting day at the same time.

Baylor is shooting 89% (only 1 miss so far) and we are shooting 21% [​IMG]

I understand the offensive problems are on us/Barnes BUT why the hell does every team have their best shooting % day against us? I am watching the games. It's not like we are necessarily playing bad defense.

6. HoffHorn

HoffHorn 500+ Posts

When on earth will this program ever develop a perimeter shooting presence! Univ of Texas "where 3 point shooting is a foreign concept".

[​IMG]

7. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

It's like those Rocky movies where he gets his nose broken in the first minute of the fight.

8. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Baylor down to 42% shooting. We are up to 38% shooting. Baylor no longer shooting 90% and our improvement in shooting has probably contributed to the comeback. (I know that was deep analysis [​IMG] )

9. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Pathetic. This team has given up. As a result, they get worse game by game. I can't remember seeing a worse coaching job at UT. At least not in the modern era. The only good news is next year will be very different with new leadership.

10. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

I never would have thought it after the Kentucky game, but this team is more likely to be in the nit, than the tourney. Disheartening. I used to be ok with Barnes as the coach but the seasons consistently run the same pattern and watching them is like being bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Something needs to change.

11. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

The question is will this team finish winning more games than it loses. Shocking statement, considering the talent on this team. Barnes has lost them, it seems.

12. Hornia

Hornia 250+ Posts

The Horns last really special team was 2010-11. J'Cogan Brown, Jordan Hamilton, and Corey Joseph were an excellent shooting backcourt. Team got ripped off in the round of 32 by that terrible 5 second call. Team had Tristan Thompson and Gary Johnson underneath. Barnes last best chance for a final four run. Loved Jordan' s and J'Covans strokes with the ball. Barnes should have learned then that it doesn't always have to be about defense.

13. Pericles

Pericles 1,000+ Posts

$2.4 million should buy a MUCH better head basketball coach than this.

We're looking at Barnes' perennial 2nd-half season dive.

Texas needs a coach who has a clue about offense.

Patterson and Barnes are perfect examples of the Peter Principle.

Patterson knows only how to build NBA basketball facilities (he was bum-rushed out of Portland because he pissed everybody off) and he has almost no experience at the college level (and certainly not at a Tier I athletic program, and it shows), and Barnes has been incompetent since the first time he stepped onto the 40 Acres.

14. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I thought for sure the team was back after the WVU game. How disappointing......this can not be the best possible option for us. We're settling for mediocrity again.

15. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

A promising season has just turned into a dreadful one that can't end soon enough. [​IMG]

16. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

The worst part was the Baylor fans saying kind and supportive things after the game. They REALLY felt sorry for us we looked so bad.

Getting pittied by Baylor fans, a new low.

I think I saw 2 folks from the NIT Committee, they're still interested.