Texas vs. Iowa State Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by MajorRules00, Nov 6, 2021.

1. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Hahaha, thought the same thing this week.

2. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

I forgot about this while he laughs at us.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I'm talking emotionally here.

But I am kind of serious. I am in a show me position for everyone in the Texas AD at this point. I won't just assume CDC knows what he is doing or that Beard will be successful. I have more confidence in Beard than the others due to his time at Tech. But him too. Show me! Don't tell me. I don't believe you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Last 4 games wasn't enough? LOL.

At this point, Casey has had his chance, he's lost 4 straight and was lucky we had #5 to not have lost 5 in a row. You have to go with the younger guy now at 4-5 and see what you have or if you are looking for a transfer. No QB help coming in cause our only commit is a project as well. You know you have nothing in Casey, need to get all our young guys more reps win or lose. You are probably going 5-7 either way, might as well get experience.

Good news is Basketball starts Tuesday....

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

$15 million will buy a lot of grins.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Sorry handler but I disagree. Casey had us in all the previous losses. We weren’t in this one at all. There is a difference.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Yes, lose to Kansas

8. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

The Koolaid is spat out and he has seen the light!
    Praise the lord.

9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Dang, I’m glad we’re not playing Utsa or UTEP this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Voodoo? Jeff Davis curse? B12 black magick ceremonies? All of these make more sense than this team. I can't recall anything quite like it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

That's not a bad idea. I've thought that myself and looking back, beginning with Charlie Strong, we have not fielded a top 10 team since Mack's 2009 unit finished #2 losing to Bama in the NC game. The only players we have currently were brought in by Herman, although I understand that we have a player or maybe 2 that were Charlie's recruits. We also have a few transfers that came here this season as I recall. Those guys are having to learn a new system and have greater expectations on them which, after watching them play, they cannot fulfill. When the class that Sark signs beginning next month arrives, there maybe an uptick in the results on the field. I still hold that we will see significant improvement on field in year 3 and 4. If it is still the pile of stinking excrement we have now, then Sark and Co will absolutely need to go. But, I for one, want to see constant 10 or more win seasons and shots at national championships once we land in the SEC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

On a brighter note, maybe we’re the best 4-5 team in the nation? :brickwall: we’ve really s(t)unk!

13. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Sorry Nash, I do not know how I flagged you post. I am having a bad night, I am so pissed off.

14. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

I was screaming "put Casey back in". Card was really terrible. How many wide open receivers did he miss totally...by the way, I agree

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

True
    Sark's only hope is to recruit like hell or he is outa here. Because he has been exposed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I lost count. I really do not believe he's a Power 5 QB. Nothing against the kid, he's just not a good fit

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

18. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Neither QB will be starting next season and neither will a true fish. If Sark can't bring in a transfer, he's done. That's his one and only chance.

19. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Just think how bad it would have been if Card had been our starting QB last year. Thompson would most likely been little if any better than Card.

20. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Nah, Sark will get at least 3 maybe 4 more seasons. If 7 or 8 wins is his ceiling, then he'll be shown the door.

21. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

I am thinking Texas cannot match up to teams in the B 12 in talent or coaching. For the past several years in recruiting Texas has been ranked in the top two in the conference. Knowing that player rankings can be off the mark, there still should not be advantage to all other B 12 teams to have better talent. Texas has very few players who can match up and if those guys hit the portal, lights out!

22. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo 250+ Posts

Our Only hope is that we have enough of a reputation left that we can build back with players in the portal and a few great recruits expecting they can start next year.

maybe whom ever is sitting behind freshman QB at Alabama will take a chance and transfer to Texas.

Please

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  23. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

After watching Alabama;s starting QB, not sure I want him either.

IT'S GETTING WORSE TODAY, VOLLEYBALL LOST TO BAILOR!:brickwall:

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  24. gahornphan

gahornphan 500+ Posts

Remember in camp when Sark said this was the closest quarterback competition he’d ever been part of? Some assumed that meant we had two really good qbs. But I thought, that could also mean, both are just mediocre, or worse. OR, the defense is mediocre, or worse.
    Well, guess what?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  25. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I'll take Devon Brown

26. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

We should have been more careful what we wished for.

• Hot Hot x 1
  27. Luthor Billis

Luthor Billis 100+ Posts

"Oh No! We suck again!"
    [​IMG]

28. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

What did you see in Card tonight that you base that on. He badly missed on several open receivers and always bails to his right. I do not see him with our OL which is the weakest point part of our team. The OL is getting player injured.

29. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

Why? Because they beat us? You think that means anything to anybody anymore? We're nothing to the rest of the nation. Texas fans have bought into the myth that we are a top program. We've had maybe 20 good seasons in 60 years. and we wave our 3 national titles around like it makes us special. But the rest of the nation recognizes that we're a joke.

By the way, ISU began the year in the top 10, I think. They have 3 losses. He'd get fired if that happened to him at Texas.

• Winner Winner x 1
  30. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

Personally I am extremely disapointed and actually went to the grocery store with about 10 minutes left in the third quarter. Everyone should realize that Herman and Carrington were incredibly good at recruiting the woke crowd which means they dont put football first and do not respond especially well when punched in the mouth. That being said, lets give Sark a couple of recruiting classes to see where this goes before jumping off the ledge.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1