Texas vs. Iowa State Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by MajorRules00, Nov 6, 2021.

1. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

I didn't watch the OSU or Baylor game because they were played at 11 am and I have better things to do on a beautiful Saturday than to watch this POS team. But I watched last night. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Only comparison I could make is to the Bad News Bears or Washington Generals. Just a total disaster. I've been around, so I've seen many bad losses. But I don't think I've ever seen a Texas team that didn't even resemble a real football team. I don't even know what to say. Yes, Sark deserves time to get his guys, etc, blah, blah, blah. But this staff doesn't seem to have a clue. Why would any good players come here over OU, A&M, etc? You have one chance to make a good first impression. And this staff has blown it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

With each one of these losses I am reminded that Sarkisian was a two time loser as a head coach and a rehab project for Nick Sabin.
    We are definitely not the Joneses folks. We’re now 2nd Chance U apparently.

I am also reminded Tom Herman was a fraud and he did more with less in his first 9 games.

3. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Wrong thread……..but what coaches out there could Texas even get?? This is not working out with Sark. He’s already lost the team aka Strong in 2016. We’ll know 100% in 3 weeks! Time to look!

4. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

You don’t fire a coach after one season. What coach could you get with him knowing that he had no time to build a team, that he had to win season one or he is gone? Sark will get at least 3 years, maybe 4. Let’s hope he’s up to the challenge.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Trying to put this mess on Herman, Carrington, woke, et al seems like a stretch to me. Sark is 9 games in. I hope in his mind he is taking personal responsibility for losing 4 in a row. If in his mind or the minds of anyone in that locker room, we're looking for a "woke" movement as the scapegoat versus manning up and owning this, we've got bigger problems.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Maybe it’s time for coaching, players and the AD to quell the impending riot. Ignore the press and get fans to rally around the team. Texas always has a target on it’s back and with a drop off in talent, advantage opponent. This team runs slow on defense, doesn’t know how to fight off the blocks on the corners (where holding has been prevalent) and get’s out of position on too many plays. “O” line, enough said. Receivers don’t get open enough, even in cover 0, and that. compounds the protection deficiencies in the line. Quarterbacks are not playmakers, good enough to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

It is what it is and the portal, creative coaching and development is the only short term possible remedy. And, maybe play less talent, those with their hair on fire and engine running at 100%. One thing for sure. Talk of a coaching change is a good way to kill recruiting and the coaching carousel needs to stop.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. T Herman

T Herman 25+ Posts

:popcorn:

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

This debacle only reinforces my feelings that the subs, all the way down the line need in the rotation. They must have some skill or they ought not be here so play that skill, run block pass block whatever, then rotate out. I did see some changes on defense and it seemed to work the first half but for an inexplicable (again) reason we fell apart the second half. I can’t explain it, maybe I’m not smart enough or maybe alcohol content was too high by then but our 2nd half collapses are beyond my comprehension.
    Oh yeah and I still contend Sark was wrong to not put Casey back in - unless he was injured.

9. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

And while we are at it, I am sick and f- - -ing tired of the sorry a- - refs getting away with their crap.
    Am I the only one who saw the illegal, and dangerous, block and the hold on the outside defender on their first touchdown run. Or do I just not know the rules. Fans beat up on players who are getting screwd by refs. Total B.S. Total

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Not the only one Chin. I saw a lineman completely pull a rusher down to keep him from getting by him - not called. But truth is I saw our line hold and not get called, of course we didn’t complete the pass anyway, or was it a run, can’t remember and doubtful I’ll watch this one again anytime soon.

11. Detective Shilala

You right wing culture warriors should really give it a rest with your “woke” ****. Seriously it’s getting so old. Still blaming “wokeness” 9 games in? Dumb.
    No, Sarkisian owns this hot mess. This team has quit on HIM. Not the previous guy.
    And we have made our bed so now we get to lie in it. We may yet to have seen the bottom.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Shil, I think the inability to explain what we’re seeing makes the “woke” experience become an attempt at explaining what the heck we are seeing. I have no evidence (they do gather for the eyes but many with no horns up) of that still being an (the) issue but things are more in disarray than one can explain with X’s and O’s, imho.

13. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

Difficult to lose a team when there is no team to lose.

I bet the Horns have a great Monday practice. The best of the season. Or so it will be said.

Get ready to see several Coach/Player conflicts, not only this week, but for the rest of the season.

14. Detective Shilala

Cmon man seriously?

the team has quit on Sarkisian. They have no confidence in him. And I don’t blame them. From what I have seen he could be worse than Charlie Strong.
    Maybe he is secretly “woke”. That must explain it.

• poop poop x 2
  15. Orangeyman

Orangeyman 100+ Posts

At some point hopefully all the “we have great talent but the coaching is the problem” people
    Will realize something- even it the premise is true- switching coaches constantly retards development.

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Yeah, just as you leftist woke apologists should give your permissive, self-righteous, mollycoddling **** a rest. These boys have not only been allowed but encouraged to hate UT, its traditions and alumni. These are the results you get when cancer infests the program. If a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand. Unable to identify the toxic effects of "wokeness"? Dumb.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  17. Detective Shilala

meanwhile
    Nick Saban says all lives can only matter once Black Lives Matter. Went so far as to make an ad about it and went on to win another championship.

Now I am not dumb enough to think that is WHY he won a championship. I doubt he even believes what he said.
    But If you think wokeness is why we suck at football, it is dumb. Very dumb.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  18. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Why don’t we just find another coach and let the Negative Nellies have some new meat to chew on? Then they can put more nails in the program’s coffin. Their hunger will never be satisfied.

Sark ain’t going anywhere so find another team to watch.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Detective Shilala

Oh I know that and think we have to give him 5 years or else, at this point. No one would come here if we don’t let this play out.
    We just have to hope he figures this out.

Also orangeyman is 100% right. We are in the situation we are in because there has been no continuity for 10 years.
    I am all in favor of giving Sark the time for no other reason than that.
    I having serious doubts at this point.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  21. Detective Shilala

Thanks, and sorry Dion. Warning received and will be heeded.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Really, we just need to fix our weaknesses.
    1)we need to replace our average o-line with top lineman. We have top lineman on the hook we just need to reel them in. We will see what Sark does.
    2) we need to replace our average QBs with a top QB. We will see what Sark does.
    3) we definitely need to shore up the receiving corp. We are off to a good start there and we have other prospects. We will see what Sark does.
    4) the defense has been hurt by the lack of a productive offense. All in all, the defense hasn't been too bad considering the unproductive offense. Scoring points motivates the defense. Also moving the chains helps to keep the defense fresh. Plus we are getting some good defensive recruits and more to come.
    5) someone will say " we keep losing, what top recruits would want to come here". I say " while there is logic in that statement it does not always hold up many recruits see opportunity"
    6)its easy to see that recruiting top players is the key and makes up for less than stellar coaching. Sarks success at Alabama and lack of success here bares that out. Why do some coaches succeed with 3 star talent? Because they are given time, time to implement a system and a culture. Horn fans want instant microwave success. Sorry, but we all have to be patient.
    Recruiting and tranfers with 2-3 years eligibility are the key to building a strong program.

• Like Like x 3
  23. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

I'm not at all saying we need to can Sark. I'm not in the meeting room, at practices, in the locker room, so I have no idea if he's "lost" the team. Any coach needs some time. I'm just hoping he's learning as he's going, and evaluating accurately what we need to be better. And then able to go get it. It's my minority opinion on this board that we are seriously untalented at many positions. We need an upgrade. Talent matters.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  24. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I have to wonder.
    Is it really a bad thing if Sark has lost this team?

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  25. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Second Half Steve needs to greatly improve our halftime adjustments, adjusting to the opponents’ halftime adjustments, and late game performance in general. That alone is over half the problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

27. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Just wondering, if they hate UT, its traditions and alumni, why did they come here? I would really like to get the answer to this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Our guys couldn’t throw accurate passes, couldn’t block and didn’t tackle. Adjustments are meaningless when players aren’t executing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yes, O line QB, LB for starters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. UT Horn Fan

UT Horn Fan 500+ Posts

Baylor VB is a top 10 team, so I’ll take a split in Waco.

• Agree Agree x 2