Texas vs. Iowa State Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by MajorRules00, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

We need to give Sark time and a fair shot to prove himself, but when we typically execute well enough in the first half, then fall apart in the second half (a recurring pattern), something is up. Adjustments, conditioning, other things…???

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Yep, I agree with this sentiment. I'm super frustrated, but he has to have time. The complete collapse of this team has me startled with the rest of you and have no idea what's going on. I'd say change the lineup but overall they are doing well in the first half (except the offense last night sucked). Why were we playing better in game 1 than now? I dunno.

By the way, are you subliminally trying to get likes by having the fake like x3 in your signature? Inquiring minds want to know.....or maybe just me. :smile1:

3. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Don’t u worry. I’ll be changing my sig again soon to something that will be sure to ruffle some feathers.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sark was hired to get Texas ready for the $EC West. No one connected with the program expected much this season because they knew the talent level was nowhere it needs to be by 2023 at the earliest. Did they expect not showing up for Arlansas and Iowa State, or a defensive scheme unfit for the Big XII? The answer should be no.

The offence will be ok once the talent and experience levels improve and Sark's QB arrives. On the other hand, Coach K either has to learn how to play defense in the Big XII or go back to the West Coast.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vol Horn 4 Life

I'm so tired of seeing this year after year after year, but I no longer have an argument against it. After seeing this picture and realizing we are the laughing stock of the nation we may as well accept our place in football and just let Sark do what he does which is 7-6 and a mediocre local bowl game.

Here is his resume as head coach:

5-7 Wash (took over after 0-12 season but Tyrone Willingham was a disaster)
    7-6 Wash
    7-6 Wash
    7-6 Wash
    8-4 Wash
    9-4 USC (took over after 10-4 season)
    3-2 USC fired

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Ha, I saw that guy on TV doing a vigorous Horns down during the game.

7. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I agree. The “not his guys” excuse is stale. Does that explain 4-5, and complete ineptitude after 40 minutes of all five loses?

Sark has to do better with what he has. Based on what I have seen through nine games, I’m underwhelmed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1
  8. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

That's fair. I kinda figured it was the Fireball talking when you posted... :smile1:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

All I know is the cake is has been in the oven too long at this point. It's not a cake anymore. It's a burned brick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

What does the B12 have to do with it? Only one team has scored more points against Texas than Arkansas and that team is ranked #2. Arkansas isn't even ranked, and other B12 teams are. Wait til we move to the SEC and most of the offenses are better than Arkansas. Perhaps Coach K better learn how to coach defense period, or resign now.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Right now that is the league Texas is currently playing in. The $eEC plays a different style,but if you can handle Big XII offences, the $EC offenses should not be a problem.

12. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

This may surprise you but the SEC is putting up a lot better offensive numbers than the B12. If Texas can't stop the B12 offenses they certainly won't stop any in the SEC not named Vandy or SC.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

I was in the Horse racing business and if you got a horse that couldn’t win you had to get rid of him ASAP and find one that would win ASAP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Right now we're a 5k claimer...with plenty of conditions remaining

15. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Creek, we have been shooting the horse AND the jockey over and over again.

I know some horse people. You all are a rare bread. The folks I know have lived in doublewides in Hobbs NM or McMansions in Rio Rancho and Mesita and been the same down to earth people no matter what their fortunes were. I am afraid to ask them what they think of our situation.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  16. Vol Horn 4 Life

But he literally said the mediocre SEC team ripped us apart. How is he preparing us for that if he got ripped by them and can't handle the weak Big XII at the same time? Seems like a good observation.

17. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Speaks more about $EC defenses. No team in the $EC not named Alabama or Georgia is middle of the pack in any other conference.

The biggest problem with Texas is the defense not being able to control the line of scrimmage. Bad scheme and average talent is the path to failure.

18. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Yes yes and yes.
    I'm going to keep beating this drum til it breaks...
    The problems we have go beyond the players, coaches, and what's on the field.
    The sooner it is realized..the better.
    Our only recent hope was a Saban type persona to come in with enough skins and respect to tell everyone to shut the **** up and watch...but nah that wasn't going to happen because he's too smart to put himself through that.
    I, for one, realize I've been affected (infected) by this stuff (poor surrounding attitudes, expectations, paradigms)to the point that I don't watch, support, and enjoy like I use to.
    I am going back to the basics and recapturing my love for the school, the team, and college football. The city, the university, the program, the brand, the coaches, the players, the product isnt what it once was....but it is still mine and I claim it...I'll root, support, and cheer, encourage, be disappointed, and celebrate proudly.... but no more of what I've been doing....I'm going back to my "first love"...and with a "child-like" attitude, if you will.
    I love to help people...and one of the first things I tell someone in need (which is pretty much everyone including myself) is no real progress or change occurs without a brutally honest and accurate recognition of the truth about oneself first. That is what we need...and not just for the seaspn....for the totality of who we are...and who we aren't.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021