Texas vs Iowa state

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by "Anna hook em", Jan 1, 2017.

1. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

It's a pretty good game so far they looked focused and ready to play/win

2. "Anna hook em"

No technical on the Iowa Coach come on

3. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

We are looking pretty decent. When Ariel is on the floor "things" happen. Love watching her play. She just takes hold and leads! Announcers said "Ariel and Company". We've got to watch them driving in on us. Seems like they're moving the ball so well then the seas part and there is a huge red carpet straight to the basket. Also, Buckley is such a great player I think we need to get somebody taller than Brooke on her. It seems it's too easy for her to get to the basket or shooting 3's right over her. She's a great player but sometimes the "matches" are off. Kelsey is playing better and better each game. Brianna has grown so much as a player and sees the floor so well! She looks more comfortable and the pass she had to Kelsey was awesome! I'm most excited about Holmes. She's going to be GREAT! Anything can happen....it's almost 4th quarter and from I recall last year, we were ahead by quite a bit then they came back from a large deficit and ended up winning by 1, 3 or 5? Just remember we had it in the bag then handed it to them. Was the first loss for the girls last year. We need to answer back! Would love to see us fly away with a W on their court!

4. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

Drive by Brooke! Awesome!

5. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

Holmes with a beautiful block!!!! LOVE her!

• Like Like x 1
  6. "Anna hook em"

Yup looking at the score now we need to finish it and get Ariel back in

7. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

Buckley's got Brooke's number. We need Ariel back in!!!! Buckley waltzes right in as I type this! Ugh!

• Like Like x 1
  8. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

Ariel!!!!!!!!!!!! Told you!

9. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

Beautiful 3!!!! Come on girls!!!!! Keep fighting! DEFENSE!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. "Anna hook em"

Looking like a win but like what u said Hilton Head magic is always possible

11. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

Brooke for 2!!!!

12. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

Brianna!!!!!! Good job! pull away girls!!!

13. "Anna hook em"

Make the free throws

14. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

UGH! This team needs to have a day of just Free Throw practice! It's embarrassing!

15. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

THIS is how games are lost! Come on girls!!!! Traveling?

16. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

MUST make these FT's Ariel!!!! Thank you! Whew! We got this! We got this!!!! Good job Bri!!!! Higgs FT's! Yes! Aaaaaand BOOM! It's over!!!! Good job girls, but Ariel led this team today!!!!

17. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Nice win by the Horns in Ames. Always a tough place to win. Horns did do a good job defending the 3, ISU's bread and butter. They were only 27% from BTA. Horns lost the rebound battle for the first time this season, 36-34. Kelsey had a double double again :hookem3:11 pts & 12 rebs. Ariel had 25 pts and Brooke 13.

Sweet win! :hookem2:

• Like Like x 3
  18. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Good Job Texas,on the road win.
    I seen some nice plays, out of our Offense.
    Well I see our Go To Player.
    A.Atkins just Outstanding today.

• Like Like x 1
  19. "Anna hook em"

I will take a win ugly,pretty,sloppy,magnificent a win is a win, hope you guys had a great new years, this is the time we will see what longhorn team shows up the team that started the season or the team that beat Texas Tech and Iowa State.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

KSU takes down # 12 WVU 86-71 at Manhattan.
    OSU in a tight battle with Tech in Lubbock, 35-30 in the third.
    TCU ahead of OU 42-37 in Ft. Worth.
    BU hosting KU, our next opponent, and doubling the Jayhawks at the half, 48-24.
    There's a chance only Horns and BU will come out of today undefeated in Big 12 play.

21. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Tech downs OSU, 70-65.
    OU well on the way to beating TCU, 65-58 with 7 minutes to go. Playing much better. Mulkey really protecting that rim for the Sooners.
    BU blowing out KU 81-41.

22. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

BU 90-43 over KU.

23. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

OU wins 87-72 over TCU.
    Horns, BU & OU at 2-0 in conference play.
    OSU, Tech, WVU & KSU together at 1-1.
    TCU, ISU and KU at 0-2.

24. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

We are moving the ball better than anytime in recent years IMO. Imagine what today could have been if Holmes had her usual game... scratch that - nothing usual for a Freshman. But if we can fire on all engines, we will be hard to stop. Holmes will not always miss like she did today (2-10). That's the best takeaway. Brooke, as usual, has a stronger second "half" which is a good thing for a team that used to let them get away. Ariel has finally come into her own. Really nice to hear Karen compliment Higgs at the half.

:hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  25. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Great win on the road in Ames! :hookem2:

26. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Way to hang tough, ladies. Even when they fell behind they kept their cool and played their game. I don't really understand the philosophy of living and dying by the three but that's the Iowa coach's method it seems. Great game. Onward to Kansas.

27. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Road games versus ISU always make me nervous. Really liked the combination of Sutton and Brooke on the floor together but it's tough taking either Ariel or Brianna off the floor unless they go super-small.

28. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Ariel showing what a great basketball players she is. It was disconcerting that Buckley got all those drives on us. I need to go back and look, but they must have had some good screens going. Finley is a master of the screen. Iowa State was very good, we were just better. We kept our cool even when they made their run. We never missed a beat. I was so glad Brooke, Ariel, and Lashann hit all 6 free throws in the final minute or so.

• Like Like x 2
  29. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Any win at Hilton is a good win. Very impressed with the poise and mental toughness in the final stretch of the game in front of a raucous crowd. Coach Aston & staff should get a lot of credit for that as well.

• Like Like x 3
  30. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Glad to see them respond when Iowa State came back. They could have panicked on the road in that arena. They need to get better with their passing if they want to challenge Baylor.