Texas vs ISU

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by jusme828, Jan 2, 2021.

1. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Anyone know what’s going on with Ebo?

• Like Like x 1
  2. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Warren is the best percentage 3 pt shooter on the team. You know ISU is going to try to force Texas to make shots from the outside.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I'm glad Taylor is back because we need her to guard Ashley Jones. Iowa State can't compete with Collier in the paint so expect a zone with a double team on Collier coming. My impact players are going to be Joanne, Collier, and Gaston.

4. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

We've seen this movie before. They're going to play exactly like they did when Aston was the coach. And if Texas can't make shots from the perimeter it's going to be a long day.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Hope Taylor regains her outside shot. Going to need it now that we're in conference.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

And you KNOW it. Collier will be covered up.

7. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

I would consider pulling Collier out to the 3 point line and let Gaston go to work down low or have guards slashing to the basket.

• Like Like x 6
  8. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Didn’t we BEAT them last year at Ames..?? The home loss was regrettable, but I think we can sweep them this year!! Go, Charli and Celeste!! :hookem::fire:

• Like Like x 3
  9. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Go WHOLE TEAM... that's the kind of effort we're going to need.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sincerely hookem

Sincerely hookem 100+ Posts

Yal are some negative people and we will be fine as long as they follow VS game plan. At full strength this team is tough to deal with but with Collier being dominate, Joann being a timely tough scorer, kyra and Ashley being stingy defensively, Deyona coming along, Holle rebounding and toughness despite some freshman mishaps and Karisma cont to be a steady post feeding machine we will be ok and in any game we play

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jacob Johnson

Nobody said anything negative thus far. All anyone said is we need to be on point because Iowa State is no run through game. Everyone in here believes we can & should win it's just more of what needs to be done in order to win.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Gosh can we throw up bricks from the outside.

13. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Only 1 fg attempt in the first. SMH

14. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

ZONE ZONE ZONE! We must learn how to manage a zone. They're just sitting in the paint. 3 cyclones in paint. And then on offense they're cutting and slashing to the basket. Come on longhorns figure this out and fight thru this.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Charli, don't put the ball on the floor!!!!!!

16. Jacob Johnson

This is where we need Warren. She is the only player I have seen so far that will attack the zone. Joanne can do it with ease but holds back a bit. Warren in the high post is what Texas is missing due to her basketball IQ. We are going to have to figure something out because this zone is not a good one

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Announcers keep praising Iowa’s big girl Jones and criticizing Charli. NEWS FLASH: They both have 6 points!!!!!!

18. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Charli is POY candidate. Jones isn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Gaston getting sone good minutes. She is going to be good.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

I don’t like our 30-something shooting percentage, but I do like only 4 turnovers. I agree that absence of Warren really hurts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

A bit disappointed our guards are not better shooters and we still haven't figured out the zone this deep into the season. Our D is going to be something special once Vic gets all the athletes he needs. It's pretty danged good already.

• Agree Agree x 4
  22. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Just like many other ISU games. Fennelly's good coaching, great use of the zone and spreading the floor on offense, versus our pressure defense and grab bag offense. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Vic is essentially another Jody and Karen, though I love the new energy and enthusiasm he has brought to the program. If Warren was playing, we would probably be having a little bit easier time. Gaston is so impressive, and I love Chevalier. Hope she can develop her shooting more. I wish Charli would learn to use the backboard more. You don't have to be nearly as precise. So many players, male and female, underuse the backboard.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  23. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Must have been a good halftime speech

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  24. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Great start to second half.

• Like Like x 1
  25. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Great shooting by Ortiz.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Stellar D!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  27. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Ortiz's shot looking smooth.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I haven't seen the team that much this year. If Lambert and Ortiz can play like that every game, we are in business.

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Celeste working hard.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Great win and loved the outside game but shooting 50% from the line is not good. You will lose some important games when you shoot like that from the line. Should never happen.

Really great win!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2