Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by jusme828, Jan 2, 2021.
9-19 FT Line
9-20 FT Arc
Funny.... not funny.
Great win.....Now get your Horns up for The Eyes !!!!....or get in the portal and leave !!!! TV doesn't show much, but who is that with their hands behind their back ??? Leave if you don't love Texas tradition !!!!!!!!
I'm impressed. Everyone played well. Vic is doing a great job. None of those long slumps during the game like we were prone to last year. Carolyn Peck did some nice education about Charli needing to make better reads and throw it back out.
Seriously... Drop it.
Sorry. I don’t agree re: same ole offense. He is limited by player numbers and abilities. However, I see so much more offensive movement than in years past. I see new offensive plays. I’m happy, very happy so far, given this bizarre covid-ridden season.
Vic Schaefer IS NOT essentially another Jody or Karen...far from it!!!
There's no doubt that in terms of style of play Vic is very similar to Jody and Aston. As I've said many times, I know what Vic is going to bring to the table defensively but I want to see what he brings on offense because that's where must of the struggles were for the previous coach.
I would imagine Vic would consider being compared to Jody Conradt as a compliment.
Great win and team effort! Half-time offensive adjustments worked out really well, and the defensive pressure wore them down.
The only real stat that bothers me is FTs. As a whole, we didn't turn the ball over much at all, as many were made in the post. 16 assists on 28 made baskets -- love that. The rebounding margin was good and especially like how we ran them off the three point line.
The fact that an obvious adjustment was made by Vic during the half that caused ISU to have to adjust in the 3rd was something you didn't see in the last coaching staff. Kudos to coaching!
Great team win! We needed this win to hold serve as we jockey for position in the conference standings with ISU and Baylor. And, we won convincingly without Warren and Ebo, and a completely healthy Celeste.
Huge win IMO
Anyone who can’t see the improvement in coaching doesn’t know or understand basketball or sports.
Night and day difference from previous years.
Coach Vic's post game presser.
Coach Vic does more with less. KA does less with more. Vic is no KA.
All I meant in saying Vic is essentially another Jody and Karen is that they all three believe in a similar type of basketball, high pressure defense being the most defining feature. I think being compared to Jody, and to Karen when she was at her best, is not a put down. (At least kurupt agrees with me.) I am really pleased with Vic. He is going to make us a lot better. I have my oft-stated belief that every coach should have a zone in their arsenal. I don't think he intends to ever run a zone, but that's fine with me if we have results like we did today. I loved seeing the backcourt players gaining in confidence. We may surprise some teams this year.
Agree about the zone. Texas hasn’t had a decent zone in... ever? But we are usually athletic enough to justify m2m most often.
16 assists, 5 players in double figures, rebounding +12... team ball
Shot 70% in the 3rd Q including 100% from the 3.
A Karen coached team would not have made the necessary halftime adjustments and found a way to lose this game. The open cuts to the basket were eliminated and Joens fake/go the other way were contained also.
I'm still not happy with how many times the team basically hands the ball to the other team, but not near as bad as last year.
Texas is averaging 14.6 turnovers per game (tied - 71st in the nation) but is 6th in turnover margin (+9.11). I'd like to see a 2-3 turnover drop in Texas' average but I can live with it if the differential stays the same. In the previous 4 seasons:
2019-2020: 16.1 (+0.4)
2018-2019: 16.2 (-2.1)
2017-2018: 14.9 (+2.4)
2016-2017: 15.2 (+1.1)
or portal. The choice is yours.
A few observations:
1. Adjustments...great. Did anybody notice that to defeat our inbounds pressure, ISU started running the baseline and passing out of bounds to another ISU player who inbounds it to the first ISU player, and it was working for ISU. Then Schaefer adjusted.......he brought up another wing to pick up the inbounds player. That thrwarted that ISU adjustment. Just one example of great in game adjustments. There were others on offense.
2. Lambert at the point has that great calming effect on our half court offfensive threats. No more getting anxious for me just wondering who was going to throw the ball away next like in the past. A senior point guard is a god-send. I think we may be seeing a change in rotation with Lambert takinig the lead at the point.
3. I saw several different tactics to defeat the zone. Not just one. The cross court pass, the penetration and kick, the short corner, and several variations of these and more.
3. This team is just fun to watch. I am thinking positive for the Baylor games.
Get over it!! Why don't you realize that nobody listens to the people who complain about the players who don't put their horns up. They are going to continue to do what they feel is right and they are not going into the portal. If you don't like it then simply don't watch the games because nothing is going to change. If all you bring is negativity then there is no point in you supporting the games. The horns conversation is old and tired so move on or just don't watch
I wonder what is going on with Ebo- undisclosed reasons. I don’t need to know the reason... none of my business... but I wish we at least knew when/if she’ll be back.
See post game presser.
2. Point guard - I hear what you're saying about Lambert, and I agree. She's a great player and having that senior leader to steady the ship is important. On the other hand, I really like watching Chevalier. She's agressive, plays (mostly) under control and I have to believe that she's a load for the other team. My feeling is that they are a great tandem.
Thanks for pointing me to the presser...
Warren back this week
Ebo back next week
Speaking of Chevalier, seemed like she didn't come back into the game after her last appearance early in the second half. I think that's why someone asked Vic about her in the post-game presser. I was surprised Holle came into the game late instead of Chevalier, but maybe it was due to defensive matchups.