Texas vs Kansas State, 12/21 @ 7:00 pm on ESPN+

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by racerx5908, Dec 20, 2020.

1. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]
    K-State is currently 5-3 (2020-21 Women's Basketball Schedule - Kansas State University Athletics) with two cancellations and one (uncounted) victory, an exhibition game.

Their star player is sophmore center Ayoka Lee, who leads the team with points, free throws, and tied in rebounds with true freshman center Taylor Lautebach.

Charli Collier is the leader on the team in those 3 categories

• Like Like x 1
  2. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Not sure I want to subscribe to ESPN+ to see one game.

3. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Because I "cut the cord" over a year ago and now use a streaming device, I opted for the $5.99 per month ESPN+ subscription. I definitely get my money's worth out of it. Not only do I have access to pretty much EVERY game we play whether home or away, but there is almost always a plethora of others to watch -- especially during non-covid times.

• Like Like x 1
  4. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I also watch volleyball and softball. And everyone, except Texas and OU, are now under the ESPN+ umbrella. So it's not just K-State, but it's Iowa State and Kansas, and so on .....

• Like Like x 2
  5. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Do you mean access to every WBB game we play or does that include other UT sports games like volleyball, softball, football, etc? I guess I don't know how ESPN+ works.

6. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Most televised games for the non-football games in the Big 12 that are not going to be picked up by ABC/FOX/CBS/ESPN. For you and me those would be away games at our Big 12 opponents.

And it's like Amazon Prime/Netflix (unless your TV is wired for Amazon/Netfix), you watch it on your computer or tablet.

Right now, if you look at UT's schedule there is no TV option listed for the away games, just radio. I think they want to make sure the likelihood of games to be played before they send crews to those towns for the broadcast. The K-State game wasn't listed to be broadcast on ESPN+ until 36(?) hours ago. Obviously K-State would like it because it means $$ and exposure and they don't have their own network.

• Like Like x 1
  7. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Thank you for the information. I have a smart tv so would just need to download the app and subscribe. I hate to add another pay streaming service but I am getting some free ones (Hulu and HBO Max) so could probably justify the cost. I know this is trending off topic so, again, appreciate your input.

• Like Like x 1
  8. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Or on your TV using a streaming device such as Roku (my preference) or Firestick. You can also use the web browser on a smart TV and sign into ESPN+ to watch on your TV.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  9. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

One other option is Disney+ you get Disney, Hulu, and ESPN+

I think I pay 70 a year for that. There is also a monthly option of 12.99

It’s a never ending battle to get rid of stuff!

10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Let's go!

• Like Like x 4
  11. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

I get Hulu for free as part of my Spotify subscription and because a third party is paying I’m not eligible to roll it into the Disney bundle. It’s simpler to just do an individual sub for ESPN+ which I did today. The bundle might save me a few bucks but It will be easier to cancel later if I want to. And yes, there seems to always be new services clamoring for your money. I have not cut the cord yet so there’s that cost to factor in as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  12. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

I'm with you...let's get to the game!

13. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

The team’s first game away from the Erwin Center this year. I haven’t paid much attention to whether the lack of fans has changed home court advantage in sports this fall according to winning percentages. The Horns should flatten KSU imo.

• Like Like x 1
  14. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

We're going to have to play well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Definitely. I would be pleasantly surprised if we beat them soundly. There are definitely some match up issues that may cause problems. Celeste not playing is going to hurt. I think the difference will be with our guard play. We are clearly more athletic than them, just hope the shots fall.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

My thoughts exactly. They're well-coached and will have a solid game plan, and pretty sure it will include a variety of defensive looks.
    Lauren Ebo's arrival came just in the nick of time to help battle Lee. I'm hoping our perimeter defense is able to hassle them into a frenzy.

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

18. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

And Vic has to do a better job of running offense against a zone than he did against A&M because they're going to see a lot of it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

So I’m watching. Lots of buffering and no sound. I’m blaming Spectrum.

20. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Good gosh, this is a weird game, no flow at all...except for turnovers! Almost as many of them as points. Time for Ebo!

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I really wish Texas would have played a road game prior to conference starting. Not because of the fans, because of shooting in different backdrops.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  22. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Way too many turnovers.

23. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I'm just going to assume that because it's our first road game that we look this way but this game is very ugly & Probably the worse we have looked all year.

Is Ebo injured or not playing because I'm confused as to why she has not got in the game yet??

24. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I think she got some time in the first. Vic looks like he playing small ball because KState guards can’t handle the press.

• Like Like x 3
  25. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Lee with 3 fouls. CC about to take over

26. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Ebo finally comes in and things get flowing for the Horns! I'm loving Ebo and Collier playing together. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  27. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Okay, the gals got that first period out of the way and definitely have it cooking now. Wonder how many points Charli will have before the night is over?

28. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Defense is very good tonight

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Well, until that 10-0 run to finish the third.

30. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Shooting improved a couple of % points and only two turnovers. Going to be a grind it out 4th but still looks good.