Texas vs Kansas

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by flash34, Jan 10, 2022.

1. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Kansas isn’t terrible like past. They beat UTRGV by 31 and we beat UTRGV by 35. Looking at results from their other games, it is hard to not think it will be competitive. Kansas plays TCU tonight so will watch a little on ESPN+ while one eye is on Alabama vs Georgia. Anybody else seen KS play?

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I know the transitive property in sports does not apply, but it REALLY REALLY shouldn't apply when comparing basketball blowout scores.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I agree. That’s why i looked at all their scores. Many were just like Texas....teams that were being played for a paycheck. Some others seemed to indicate they aren’t overmatched. We’ll see.

4. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Watched part of OU at Kansas Saturday. Kansas led much of the way before OU made adjustments. Kansas started a 6-6 player and a 6-3 player. Texas will need to play well to win.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I don’t see us losing this one.

6. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

KS ahead of TCU 35-30 at half.

7. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I watched the KS-TCU second half. 78-72 KS. Kansas could very well win Wednesday night. Especially if we shoot 30%. KS shot 58% from BTA and almost 50% overall for the game. They have size inside and some guards with skills. In my fair and biased opinion, it will be a tough game. KS is now 10-2 on season. Texas should win but has to play hard and well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 9
  9. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Great news!!!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Oh boy, this one already looks bad. Texas has more turnovers than baskets after one quarter. Everyone looks rushed. What happened to the team that beat Stanford?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Sloppy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

I watched Vic’s show on LHN this week and he said that the team chemistry is not “there” yet. I’m sure that combined with some players being sick, lack of practice together for a few days, and being out of the routine of school is contributing to the poor performance we have seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Even Warren and Allen-Taylor are playing like newbies! And, Matharu got 3 fouls in about 2 minutes. WTH? Come on, girls...settle down!:hookem:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I wish Vic would call off the press now and then. It hasn't done much, and the defense has not gotten back or gotten settled very well.

15. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

Tired of seeing Ebo play. Tired of seeing automatic passes from post to post without even looking to see if they are guarded.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

If we are going to turn the ball over can we at least put matharu in to score

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Get Audrey Warren out of the game. She's a net liability and turnover machine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Matharu and Holle should be playing more instead of Warren.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Yes! Matharu delivers coming in for Warren!

20. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

it take way too long to get into offensive sets that just go side to side bc every thing has to be ran through Vic

21. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I’m not trying to be negative but these past two big 12 games Vic has got out coached. No way a team coming off a 17 day pause looks more aggressive. Our effort is just poor especially Audrey on the defensive end. Which is very unusual for her.

Transition and help side defense is awful and may cost us this game. Turnovers are also ridiculous and just careless. I know it will get fixed but it’s happening to often at this point. We just look lost to say the least and our offense is too predictable

• Agree Agree x 6
  22. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Ughhhhh... :smh:

23. 512HornsUp

512HornsUp 100+ Posts

I’m sorry but we need to get used to more losses. If this team continues to play this terrible, we won’t finish in the top 4 of the conference. We’re not remotely close to being a top 15 team in the country.

• Agree Agree x 5
  24. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Our team played like a bunch of confused freshmen. I don’t know what happened to the teams that played early on but I wish they would come back.

• Agree Agree x 5
  25. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

That loss is completely on Vic. I don’t know what changed but, he needs to turn it around quickly. I have no idea why Matharu sat the bench so long and why Warren was kept in the game after all the turnovers/mistakes she made tonight. So much wrong with this team right now:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  26. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

In order to get through the remainder of the season with some semblance of my sanity, I will come to terms now with the fact that we will not be a factor down the stretch in the most wide open B12 race in the last 20 years.

As much as I want Hunter to stick it out and grind through the “tough love” I honestly can’t think of much of a reason. If Vic is going to play Audrey 28+ minutes when she has 7 to’s and gave up god knows how many backdoors then he could’ve found a reason to play Kendall.

And I’ve got to go do some more research, because I refuse to believe that the coaches in the B12 are THAT much better than those in the SEC. I’m not sure if MSU was winning because of the system (which is not showing that it can work in the upper echelon of this league) or because of the talent they had. I do know one thing for sure. Until we get a rim protector/post player the likes of McCowan you can count on games like tonight being the new normal.

• Agree Agree x 6
  27. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Wow, that was another awful game. The gals are definitely not feeling it these days. Kansas made some of the girls look completely unskilled. So much so, I would say our season is as up in the air as Baylor's!:rolleyes1:

• Agree Agree x 3
  28. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Finishing .500 or above in conference play is going to be a challenge.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  29. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I gotta say we miss Ashley's leadership/depth at PG. I thought we were simply talented enough to get by but its just not the case. 3rd straight game our press keeps getting beat over the top. We have problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Shouldn't press if we have no floor speed.

• Agree Agree x 5