Texas vs. KSU Game 2

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NBHorn7, Apr 9, 2016.

1. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

It was an offensive day, the wind screaming straight out. Texas took advantage for three homers, while KSU only got one.

Culbreth had another good game on the mound, getting his sixth win of the year. Texas broke the game open on some walks, hits, and a key Wildcat error.

Two down and one to go now. The third game becomes crucial, as the difference between a sweep and just a 2-1 series win is pretty obvious. Texas is chasing the .500 mark, for the season, just getting one game closer is not going to do you much good.

A series sweep would make the record 15-17 and 6-3 in the conference, this gives the team some much needed confidence for the rest of the season. To me it's a must win, will be here for it tomorrow at 1 pm. :hookem2::bevo:

2. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

Let's get out of the Little Apple clean, Longhorns. See y'all manana.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Nice little two game win streak going.:bevo:

• Like Like x 1
  4. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

This lineup is getting very close to the initial lineup to start the season....with the exception of CF/2nd base.

5. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

Shows how deceiving stats can be...both teams had 13 hits.

6. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

We need to win 12 of the next 14.

7. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Texas had six extra base hits to three for KSU, also had four walks to one for KSU, KSU had a key error that plated some runs, Texas had none.

You have to look at all the stats, they reveal alot.

8. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

I listened to the entire game.....i had 1 point.....KSU had EXACTLY the same amount of hits as we did...13.......

9. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

I had more points that told more about the game. Stats is plural, 13 hits is just one stat.

One stat can be misleading, without all of them to explain the game. A box score tells the story of the game.

10. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

True. Both got 13 hits, but we did more, with all of the box score details combined with our 13 than they did with theirs. Not sure the point of pointing out that KSU had 13 hits in the first place.

11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Giving up a single while no one is on base is different than giving up a fat ball for multi-run homer. Also, pitchers are taught to be aggressive when no one is on base - throw strikes, keep the ball down, etc. Sometimes singles happen, but this approach is how you get outs, either by strike out or by your fielders.