Texas vs Louisville 03/20/2023 REMATCH

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Mar 19, 2023.

1. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Only 1 for 4 from the line.
    Ugh

2. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

This is a track meet! Can we keep up the pace is the question?

3. UTSUgrad

UTSUgrad 250+ Posts

Damn. They’re came ready to play and we’re not yet awake. We’re screwed if we can’t make putbacks. :hookem:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Their depth is already getting the best of us. Come on 'Horns! :hookem:

5. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Why would he keep Gaston out almost the whole first quarter? Amina not a good replacement. Looks to me like the refs are going to let them kill us inside. Jones was fouled every time she touched the ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Awful 2nd quarter. Offense is Just non existent and the turnovers are self inflicted! Going to need a near perfect 2nd half to come out with a win.

7. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Amina got some huge defensive rebounds Im not sure Gaston would’ve gotten. But yes I would’ve put her back in sooner at the 4 and tried Amina at the 3, with their big physical guards, she can guard 1-4. Shaylee or Rori one I can’t remember got absolutely thrown by Carr and wasn’t called, Louisville runs down the floor 5 on 4 and makes a bucket. Calls are very 1 sided so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Louisville looks like a final four team. We are a sweet 16 team and had we played any other 5 seed I think we would’ve gotten there.

but HEY, there have been 18, 17, and 16 point comebacks so far in the tourney. I’m not counting us out yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Looks like the team has finally just run out of steam.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

What an awful first half. So many things to say, but I'm not a coach....just hope to see some major adjustments for the second half.

11. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

OFFENSE!

I told you. If we can not score against the Ville we will not win. They play the same kind of down and dirty defense. We must score!

12. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Need to run a couple quick plays for Sonya to get some 3’s and then pull her cause she’s a defensive liability against these faster guards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Ville' had something to do with that

14. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

It's been the major issue now for at least the last two years. In order for them to take the next step it obviously needs to be addressed. You can't just put all the focus on playing/giving great effort and defense. You have to also be able to score.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. UTSUgrad

UTSUgrad 250+ Posts

We’re getting our butts kicked. Injuries, Lack of depth finally catching up to us. Sigh. Come on Horns, get it going’

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jacob Johnson

Wow Jones with two missed layups back to back which leads to an and one bucket for Louisville. Really killed all the momentum and energy in moody.

17. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Blown layups and missed free throws... it ought to be about a four-point game right now. Damn.

18. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Was thinking the same thing.

19. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

We just missed out on the only opening we were going to have to get back in this game. Missed layups and missed free throws killed it for us.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

Stunning. Missed layup after layup and missed free throw after free throw. Harmon HAS to improve at the stripe. She's a liability there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

22. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

FTs have been a problem all year, not just tonight.

Harmon needs to practice, with a FT coach, all off season. Do not understand how a little guard misses FTs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

It's obviously mental.

24. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Anybody got an extra million dollars laying around to go get HVL….she’s a dog!

25. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

When we’re on, we’re on.
    When we’re off, we’re really off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

You gotta give it Louisville, they were ready to play and we have not. They are out rebounding us, hustling more and making layups and 3’s.

we are not doing well in any of these areas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Jacob Johnson

Never did I think Texas would lay down and perform like this in an NCAA tournament game. Waited until the end of the year to play our worst game since Vic has been here. Be better hit the portal hard because this is embarrassing injuries or not.

• Agree Agree x 3
  28. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

To quote Vic “not just getting beat, getting embarrassed.”

29. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

We were 8 point favorites, I believe. Can't imagine what it feels like in the arena. Good news is I just got back from Kansas City and Des Moines and witnessed completely different outcomes.

30. UTSUgrad

UTSUgrad 250+ Posts

Very disappointing. Did they think they were playing ECU again? Didn’t think I would see us Out-defended so badly, but we did have that 0 point quarter against Coach Staley. Put in Anissa and Femme!