Texas vs Lubbock Christian

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by hoopsalot, Oct 28, 2019.

1. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Most observations have been spot on. For sure didn’t see Joanne Taylor doing THAT. Where did that come from? She is certainly in the rotation. The old adage that there is a HUGE jump from freshman to sophomore holds true for her. C Taylor is fundamentally strong and will just get stronger and stronger. She’s going to be good. Know she wanted to be better offensively but I am not worried at all about that. The team will have much improved outside shooting from the girls that will actually play. We’ve been clamoring for that. Offensively teams will press our outside shooters since we have little inside threat. So the outside game will be tougher going forward. Rebounding and inside defense will be brutal all year. There will be games we get overwhelmed with size. Expect Holmes and Collier and Underwood will be in foul trouble all year long. I envision a LOT of small ball with four guards or 3 guards/1 wing. Just reality this year. The team can play good outside/mid-range defense so I like that. The lack of a third big will be a thorn in the tush all year long. Inexcusable to not have that covered. Overall a Good game. Not depressed at all if the 3 players out all get back soon. Actually think the team will be fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I think it's safe to say ashlee hannan will not be playing at Texas

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Welp. Our guard/ perimeter play will be very good. The issue will obviously be lack of depth in the front court. But once again, Coach Aston has to help protect Charlie and Joyner as much as she can. Texas can’t constantly play and aggressive man to man and funnel drivers into the bigs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

Which is EXACTLY what several of us have been saying for a while now......

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

It was a scrimmage..thats like practice..We're talking about practice .... Won't be able to tell anything until we play some real competition. I didn't watch the game very closely. Take the W.

6. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Baylor beat Lubbock Christian by 36 last night. NaLyssa Smith, Queen Egbo and Caitlin Bickle sat out again...….probably with injuries. Smith and Egbo are rotation bigs so that will help them when they get healthly. E Degrate the 6'-6" transfer from TTech had 17 points and 11 rebounds. Mulkey said that this team is getting ready to win another national championship this year. Tea Cooper(transfer) had 21 at the point. Cox had 24. Not looking forward to playing them twice this year. I am NOT trying to report on Baylor stuff as a routine...…….however, with both teams playing Lubbock Christian in the first week, it is a measuring stick.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

Don't apologize....you shouldn't have to!!!!! We should ALL be able to express our opinions and observations without being attacked for doing so!!! I also had seen this score and looked at the box score. Thanks for your insight.....

• Like Like x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  8. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

BUvs LCU (PDF) - Baylor University Athletics Minor Nit -- Bickle played 15 minutes. Just a note, but Lauren Cox and Didi Richards each played 31 minutes.

• Like Like x 2
  9. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Meh, we’ll match up well on the perimeter the front court will tell the story.