Texas vs Mack Brown in bowl??

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LHABSOB, Dec 1, 2019.

1. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I agree. Do not want to play NC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

No Mack, ever.

4. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Ya know...with the season we've had, it's almost like we deserve something like this.
    I mean obviously a million times f**k no on this bowl matchup, and just for that reason this will probably happen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Would like to see it. Mack would be gracious as ever and would love the chance.

have no problem with it and Fedora would relish it as well

6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Frankly, I don't see why it would be a bad matchup for us. I haven't watched UNC all season or anything, but what I did see was rarely impressive, and never frightening.

7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

It ain’t like Mack Brown ever out coached anyone.

:hookem2:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I’m good with it.

9. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Both true. The media would eat it up more than anything. It might also be good for Tom Herman to see Jay Bateman's defense up close and personal.

10. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Not interested. Talk about boring. And no upside for Texas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I like the Match up, it’s a game we can win and I am fond of Mack Brown. Haven’t watched UNC play all season.

12. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Meh... rather play Mack than lowly aggy in a bowl, given that choice.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  13. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

^^^BAM^^^ :bow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Not possible unless all the Big XII and ACC bowls were to completely ignore their selection order. Yes, UT could theoretically play North Carolina or A&M in a bowl game. It will not be either this year. A&M is more realistic than North Carolina this year, but still highly unlikely.

Bids to college bowl games - Wikipedia

The Camping World Bowl takes Notre Dame or the ACC's best non-NY6 team. 6-6 UNC finished tied for 5th in the ACC, but lost to two of the teams it tied. UNC is not going to jump all of those teams and Notre Dame.

Texas finished tied for 3rd with Okie State, Kansas State and Iowa State in the Big XII. Due to Kansas State and Okie State both beating Iowa State, I believe we win the tie breakers and will be the first selection after Baylor and Oklahoma.

While we theoretically could get picked in any order after OU and Baylor, my guess is we will be the first picked and either end up in the Alamo Bowl if the OU/Baylor winner makes the playoff and loser makes the Sugar Bowl or the Camping World Bowl if the OU/Baylor winner makes the Sugar Bowl and the loser goes to the Alamo Bowl. It is possibly for us to drop below the Camping World Bowl, but I just do not see the Alamo or Camping World Bowl choosing Oklahoma State, Iowa State or Kansas State over us, plus, I believe we won the tie breakers anyway.

In short a UNC-UT bowl isn't happening and neither is a Texas-Texas A&M bowl although it is more likely than UNC-UT. UNC is all coaching and no or freshman talent this year. If UT and UNC were to play, UT would win easily even if we were out-coached. If Herman were to actually lose that game, he should be fired on the spot. All that said, this is waste of time speculation as the game is not happening and is not even realistic. Every year we get terrible "UT-A&M in the Texas Bowl" speculation when it is is not realistic based on the team finishes. I guess we will get UNC-UT now as well. Everyone, learn you bowl selection orders!

15. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Scares you to death

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Then can we please play UNC?

:catfight:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • poop poop x 1
  17. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Uh, me don't think we match up well with the Irish this season... riddle me why I'm wrong?

18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

ESPN guys say Oregon in Alamo bowl. I think we match up well assuming our DB’s are healthy.

19. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Mack beat Muschamp.
    Mack beat Diaz.
    Don't want to face Mack with this staff.

20. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

NC went 6-6 and nearly pulled off an upset of Clemson (#1 at the time). They went for 2 to win it instead of kicking the extra point and lost 21-20. The rest of their games weren't all that impressive. But they will be up to play us.

21. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

22. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Would protective eyewear be issued to the DB's that have to contend with those day-glo unis? That green they were wearing Saturday was HORRID!