Texas vs MS State Game!!

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BBV_Horn, Mar 21, 2009.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

going to be very tough, down four with 31 seconds and MS with the ball. [​IMG]

2. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

This team really likes to make things hard on themselves.....it seems.

[​IMG]

3. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

Fouling Rack is an automatic 2 points. I can't believe how many free throws she has made in the last 3 or 4 minutes.

4. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Well, it's over for the year, folks, have a good summer, see ya'll in the Fall.......

[​IMG]

5. OrangeForLife

OrangeForLife 250+ Posts

well, I'm interested to see how much we can improve over the summer. We really need to work on our shooting!!!!!

6. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

Duke began to excel in Coach G's 3rd season......BRING IT....PLEASE!

[​IMG]

7. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

Gail has got to get some girls who are less clumsy. It is just painful to watch and the results are disastrous.

8. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Horns have been inconsistent all year, need to get tougher and stronger in the offseason. Here is to a better year next year. Not going to beat anyone shooting 30 percent

9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

tough way to end the season but we got some players coming back. TOs and poor shooting couldn't be overcome. Gonna watch some more games and wait to see where Bone and Hill go.

10. txtreefan

txtreefan 100+ Posts

We did not learn to play 40 minutes a game all year. Why would we in the NCAAs? Once again a good second half run - too little too late. Small good news - the freshmen got valuable experience, and if a healthy Carla had played, there would have been fewer turnovers. The number 1 ranked 2005 recruiting class was jinxed from the start. I hope for more consistency in the future.

11. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Umm, Ummm, Ummm.

12. rosevilleblock

rosevilleblock 250+ Posts

Cynt what about that final four pick? [​IMG]

13. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Rose you have jokes?!?!? I pushed the wrong button I meant to say MS St as the cinderella. I [​IMG]

14. rosevilleblock

rosevilleblock 250+ Posts

15. Driftwood

Driftwood 250+ Posts

I'm amazed that anyone thought this season ending losing team would somehow start to win in the tournament Shooting got worse as we ended the season Everyone dreams of the tournament miracle breakout, but that wasn't likely from Texas.

I'm terribly frustrated that with our talent we can't make baskets. Free throw shooting has been substandard all year. I blame the coach on rebounding, free throw shooting and shooting percentage

The Texas super coaches didn't deliver this year. One more year like this and i'll be yelling for a coaching change.

16. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Driftwood...while I agree the end has been disappointing (to say the least).....I think it is a BIT premature to start calling for Coach G's head.......
    We can complain AFTER she gets a WHOLE team of her own
    recruited players, and things are still crappy....

Somehow, I am very DOUBTFUL of that happening....

You'll be singing her praises (as well as the other coaches) by next year, or at LEAST by 2011, when we get to the Final Four.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. OrangeForLife

OrangeForLife 250+ Posts

I agree. I don't really know what people's expectations are but it is going to take more than 2 years to turn this boat around. We will get there but it's more than likely a 4-5 year process. I think w/each class she brings in we get a little bit better. We just have to be patient. Hard to do. Also, wouldn't hurt to get some more bodies in the seats-but that's off topic.

18. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

19. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

well, one thing both Horns teams will be practicing hard on this summer will be FTs.

20. hornfan56

hornfan56 25+ Posts

I've never seen a coach make a shot, get a rebound or shoot a FT. The players have to perform not the coach. These are "Division I" players or maybe not.

21. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

That has to be the worst statement made on this board since I have been posting. [​IMG] [​IMG]

She is in her second season with a program that didn't make the tournament the last two seasons before she arrived. Get a clue [​IMG]

Being dissappointed is normal, but any fan expecting more than just making back to the the tournament these first few years needs a reality check. So what are you saying, that she was a tremendous Coach at Duke and then came to Texas and suddenly forgot her coaching skills? Whaterver... [​IMG]

22. tott10

tott10 500+ Posts

i certainly won't be yelling for a coaching change. i look forward to having Coach G on the sidelines for many years to come....can't imagine anyone else coaching this team right now.

[​IMG]

23. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Same here - re: Coach G - expect to see her on the sideline for a looooong time. Also, expect great things to happen with and for Texas women's basketball. Patience, now that is what I need! [​IMG]

24. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

The last few years still seem simple to me, but I am a simple guy. I think we have some good players but not exceptional talent. Maybe that talent was depleted by injuries or maybe the talent was never what we thought it to be. MS ST had players that they knew were going to knock down shots when they needed them and we did not. This team does not rebound well and is not a particularly good shooting team and they turn the ball over too often with ill advised passes. All of those things that we do not do well point back to having the ability to do them well.

Many on this board will dispute the talent argument, and to them I say that the proof is in the results.

We will do better when our talent level is higher. Coach G has proven to be a great recruiter at Duke and I have no doubt that she will bring in top talent and get this program where we all want it to be.