Texas vs Northern Iowa

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by caryhorn, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

A&M up 3 now; their fans must have finally started squeezing hard enough.

2. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Getting killed on the boards now, could be over, never know though.

3. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Northern Iowa starting squeezing on the inbound plays, and they got racked.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Should have gone for the three, it's what they do, now it's over.

5. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Has Morgan passed the ball once in OT? Seriously!

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

WTF? That was an idiotic decision to shoot that.

7. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

NIU ran completely our of gas and players, had to win it in regulation, had a good chance in the first OT.

8. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

The two game miracles, I think this one was more so, than the half court shot.

9. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

I think I can live better losing on the half court shot, than a choke job like that.

A tale of two games, it was the best of times and the worst of times.

• Like Like x 1
  10. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

If you give up 12 points in 44 seconds, you deserve to go home. Aggy did their part to take advantage of the UNI mistakes but they were not in control the majority of that game. OU is going to roll them.

11. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Classic choke job, unfortunately. They panicked in regulation, even before the stupid inbounding problems. They stopped running their offense and jacked up shots.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

If Texas had only known to kick their designated inbound passer in the knee, it could have been different.

• Like Like x 3
  13. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Meanwhile Xavier goes down to Wisconsin, on a buzzer beater three, from the corner, another top seed goes down.

Sure looked liked aggy was going to join the parade.

14. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

I wasn't pissed or angry about losing on a half-court shot. **** happens.

But this **** pisses me the f**k off. UNI didn't let A&M come back. They handed it to them. They literally passed the ball to them twice and gave them 4 free points. What the heck did I just watch?

• Like Like x 1
  15. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

How bout that Jamie Maggio!? Yowza.

16. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

Watch A&M make it all the way to the Final Four. They absolutely should've lost tonight, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ag their way into Houston.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

It's "madness," george, it takes it's toll, like your in a time warp of turnovers.
    No Riff-Raff to inbound the ball, all they had left was FranknFurter.

18. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

UNI could have just thrown the deep pass every time and even if it got picked off, they probably could have run out the clock.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

My thoughts as well.

20. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

One rule I would like to see changed that came to play in this game. Why is it not an offensive fouls if the shooter jumps into the defensive player, Where was the foul when Curroso(?) hit the UNI player on the shoulder on his way to a layup. The Uni player was standing there and move AWAY from Curroso?

21. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Last TO, all the guy had to do is throw it high to the rafters in the center of the court. Even if the aggs would have come down with the ball, they would have had less then a second. Instead he tries to throw it off their foot (2nd time). Just dumb, dumb, dumb.

• Like Like x 2
  22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Why were they out of TO's in the last minute? They were winning the entire game. Why did they use so many TO's?

23. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

Coaching was bad late and they straight up panicked. That shouldn't happen to a Div 1 team. But it did. C'est la vie.

• Like Like x 2
  24. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I was confused with that move myself. Throw the damn thing the land and far for cryin' out loud!

25. ProdigalHorn

It was funny because you could see the coach saying basically just that after the last turnover. They came to the bench and he gave the guy kind of a confused smile and a quick jerk of the finger, looked like he was basically saying "just throw it over there!"

26. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

They had two timeouts during this meltdown stretch, had to use them both, trying to inbound the ball.

They should have let that kid that got hurt back in sooner, to inbound the ball. He was hobbled a bit, but he could have gotten the ball inbounded at least. That one time they just threw it straight out of bounds, cost them the time that was left at the end.

He came back for the overtime. They did ok, just missed a big free throw in the last seconds, that cost them dearly. If they make it, aggy had to make a three to tie, with the miss, House just bullied his way inside, to send it to another overtime.

Actually UNI had over four seconds left and just threw up a half court shot, that didn't go in, they had time for a better shot. A&M even had enough time to rebound and get off a longer shot, that didn't miss by that much.

You have to keep the ball out of the corners, in that situation. Set some picks or even double pick screens if you have to. If you inbound to a corner, the guard either has to dribble or pass out of it, as soon as the ball hits his hands. They would be in the corner, hold the ball to their chest, bend over with their back to the defense. Then they were just stymied by the double team, nowhere to go.

Here's the breakdown of the meltdown.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaa...hern-iowa-s-historic-collapse-084136276.html#

• Like Like x 2
  27. ProdigalHorn

I remember thinking "Man, this is just too perfect if this goes in."

28. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Charles Barkley wanted to call them chokers and dumb*****, but bit his tongue. LOL