Texas vs Oklahoma game thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Olehornfan, Oct 6, 2018.

1. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Windows
    Using Chrome browser

2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

What is this?

Their loss is better than our loss? How about wins over ranked teams?

ranking.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Try a different browser, or you may have some kind of blocking enabled in Chrome or Windows, not sure.

But it is something with the browser or PC, not the site

4. hookem245

hookem245 100+ Posts

I feel like this was easily his worst game of the season. True frosh though, so

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 5
  6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Seems to be working now. :idk:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Even when stoned out of my gourd, I know enough that when you're up three TD's you run the ball and burn clock. With that said, I'll wholeheartedly agree that when up big, both the O and D have demonstrated the tendency to lose focus and intensity, hence the holding penalties and easy scores allowed.
    Not sure what KSU has to do with this. We all agree Coach Snyder is a great coach and his teams are fundamentally sound. They're also 2-4, does that fall on the coach? Can't have it both ways. If your point is that when we have a big lead, we need to remain focused, disciplined and keep our foot firmly on the opponents throat, then I absolutely agree.

8. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Why isn't replay on LHN??? FOX got exclusive on broadcast?

9. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

If I remember the USC game correctly, it showed up around Tuesday. May take a few days to get around to editing down since it was not an LHN/ESPN product...but I remember seeing the USC replay.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

The best way to burn clock is to keep possession of the football. You need first downs to do that. Which IMO means a mix of runs and short/medium passes. For the most part I think that's what we did, but we ended up in 1st and 20 and also 1st and 23, which makes it hard to achieve the first down regardless of what play you call.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think Beck is main reason our QB stretch play works so well
    He seals off the end extremely well

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  13. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  14. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

OMG! Just like aggy, you can't make up stuff this great!

15. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

We beat KSU certainly, however they had (i think) no penalties in the entire game. That's discipline and coaching.

16. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well, yes, their loss is better than our loss. We lost to an unranked team, while they lost to the # 9 team in the nation--US!! :)

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  17. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Andrew Beck is one regardless of his career.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

If you wanna gripe about this W, it's on the defense. They had a 21 point lead with 1 quarter to play and could not hold it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

My theory on Herman's evil genius game plan this week

1 - Kick their asses for 3+ quarters, sending sad sooner fans to the exits early
    2 - Oh wait! Let us return some hope to their sad little hearts, let them back in the game
    3 - sooner fan has joy, yes! we can win! we haz a kyler!
    4 - Watch their sad little hearts bleed out once more as they are Dicker'd by a freshman
    5 - Longhorn joy, have a corny dog, wear a gold hat

• Funny Funny x 7
  21. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  23. Phil Elliott

I want to remind y'all that I like OU and tell you that you should, too. They are one half of the greatest game in all of sports. Think of what UT would be like without this game. I always pull for OU unless they are playing us, or playing for an NC.

They are the UT of Oklahoma. They know what it's like to get everyone's best shot every week. a$m has no clue what that's like.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Darn PE
    that is one of the best explanations of the difference between OU and aggy evah.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sorry PE, gonna have to doxx you for being reasonable about ou
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  26. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

No
    Agree but non-sequitur to above point
    It is a great rivalry and UT would be fine
    No please stop
    Apt comparison but sounds icky

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Actually it was discipline on the part of the officials keeping their hands out of their pockets.

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. Phil Elliott

KSU averaged 5-6 penalties/game coming in, so I agree, it was not that KSU is soooo disciplined. They held on the OL like crazy after they figured out they were not going to get flagged for it.

29. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Fox usually does the replays on one of their channels for a few days.

LHN is replaying the game today at noon. Not sure if that is the first replay on LHN or not but it should be on LHN now for the rest of the week! :yippee:

I agree with the idea. Just thought that two of the passes attempted for first downs were thrown into very tight windows and were not completed.

30. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Imagine how those okies who left early because they had seen enough of their boys asses getting kicked, and then rushed back in because boomersooner!, must have felt when they got to watch their team get its *** kicked twice in one game.

• Agree Agree x 1