Texas vs Oklahoma state game thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Olehornfan, Sep 21, 2019.

1. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Gundy's post game press conference. Pretty much right on:

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Gotta love it, Gundy on the unexplained penalty -' I guess it was "being mean to the other team".

At least Gundy is nicer than I am and didn't refer to Alvarez as "the Mexican Midget"

3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Heard a lot of, "We need to be better...". Hmmmm.

4. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

I think I've heard a lot of that from losing coaches across the board..."We need to do better/our players need to do better/our coaches need to do better"....guess it helps the fanbase who then know that the coaches know that in order to win, they have to be better.....

• Like Like x 2
  5. BurntOrangeLH

Gundy full press conference in Stillwater. Just have to admire his no frills candor:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Yep...reading or maybe comprehending a real challenge for ole easy. You must be an aggy grad....oh wait, that would be a real insult to aggy!

7. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Easy and Buck-Horn,

Can u two hug it out and shake hands. This argument is worse than my wife and I arguing over who interrupted first! Y’all are both good Horns. Nobody involved is a freakin Aggie grad! I’de bet the student section entrance situation improves over time.

I:bevo:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. BurntOrangeLH

I heard Gundy saying, "We need to coach them better" quite frequently, thus owning some of the mistakes. Also he complimented UT and derided the "coulda, woulda, shoulda, and if only" excuses.

9. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

It was a joke poking (get it?) fun at Strong and his seemingly constant use of that line of thinking. I bet Okie State fans tire if hearing that as well.

10. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

That was wise on his part, as there were more woulda shoulda could'ves for us in that game...and we still won.