Texas vs OSU game thread.

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Olehornfan, Oct 27, 2018.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

To all a good night. It's unfortunate how this loss transpired. But the team is 6-2 and tied for first in the Big 12. If they will now understand how a zone read works and possibly not to catch a punt inside your three yard line then we have a chance to win out.

2. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Anyone have Herman’s post game PC?

3. LonghornMD

LonghornMD 100+ Posts

Agree. Tom is doing a great job building the program back (stated earlier). But he still needs to prepare every week. And on many occasions it doesn't appear that he has done so adequately. My observations are purely conjecture (also stated previously), based on experiences. It was a frustrating loss. I'll leave it at that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Preach it, with you on that....

5. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

This far into the season and you haven't realized that The Binder does not allow for a run game?

6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

They have an effective offense. Texas does not. And it is not just this game where the offense left much to be desired...Texas has not been a rolling ball of butter knives in a long time...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  7. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Don't forget the return to the practice of getting a delay of game penalty immediately after a kickoff or coming out of commercial.

How that CONTINUES to happen is beyond me...there is NO excuse, especially at this juncture of the season.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Think maybe it only works if you have somebody like Poona Ford in the middle.

• Like Like x 2
  9. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Penalties have hurt this team all year. I would say undisciplined play is the culprit.

10. zuckercanyon

one day we'll have more proficient personnel and then coaching will markedly improve.....sarcasm.....there's some things on this team that cannot be fixed prior to eligibility being used up.….

• Like Like x 1
  11. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I remain amazed how a Texas team shows up flat and unprepared when they have a legitimate opportunity at a National Championship.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

11 penalties... several were killers. Example of not only undisciplined, but also lack of of focus and sloppiness.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. zuckercanyon

Which immediately questions any talk of any legitimate shot at a natty....

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. WorsterMan

Watching game replay for the first time right now. Credit the pokes for the win. This will be their best game of the season. They made their breaks, made every catch or play they had too. Horn D made QB look like All -American / Heisman watch list.

PLUS THAT HUGE CLUSTER f**k REF CALL BEFORE THE HALF when whole poke O moved prior the punt and the Horns got the offside penalty. Okies kept the drive alive and went up 31-14 before the half - ABSOLUTELY A KILLER. Horns held them to only 7 points second half but the hole proved to be too deep.

Author note: OSU has some of the most un-hot women fans.... just sayin'

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  15. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Agree - it was like they got every half decent looking woman on campus and put her on the pom squad, which leaves the stands devoid of any eye candy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Wish there was some redeeming value to this because we really really seem to be good at it.

17. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I rewatched OSU’s last drive and the third down conversion by the QB that iced the win. Locke had contain on the outside and inexplicably collapsed to the middle, even though there were plenty of defenders in the middle. Terrible play. Had he held contain, it would have been almost a certain stop, even if the QB had cut back, because Wheeler would have been waiting for him. You could tell that Wheeler and Davis were pissed as the play ended.

Not sure why Locke is still playing and I have to wonder how Bonney would have handled that position. Almost certainly better...

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

“OSU has some of the most un-hot women fans.... just sayin'”

Want a school with hot women? Stay up late for a UCLA or Oregon game. You won’t be disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. WorsterMan

Just watched the replay of the game for the 2nd time... maybe I should stop, i just get more pissed off each time I watch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

How'd that catch on the punt inside the ten look the 3rd time?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  21. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

The second coming of Jitter Fields

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  23. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

This post landed two WTF's? in the boat. Does that mean you have no idea what I'm talking about?

• Like Like x 1
  24. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

FWIW, my buddy pointed out that on one of OSU’s TDs, the pass to the TE, that player was ineligible. That’s why Jones threw up his hands briefly to the official when the guy, uncovered, scored.

We played poorly but I do agree that as usual, we got hosed again by the officials. I sure hope that CDC has filed a complaint with the League office.

(Now SabreHorn, take a deep breath... But I’m sure I’ll agree with you.)

25. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

No, it means that we are WTF'ing Brandon Jones looking like a high school freshman who didn't know how the punting rules worked.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. WorsterMan

No, it means the decision to field the punt made me shout WTF!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

In my opinion, that one play was the straw that broke the camel's back. We had the momentum. We'd stopped them. We would have had the ball on our 20 yard line and instead we were on our one or two yard line. Then I think we had the hold on a first down conversion. The whole thing ended it right there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. WorsterMan

As Sabre previously stated, it was reminiscent of Jitter Fields attempt to field a punt in the '84 CB and the disaster that ensued.

• Like Like x 1
  29. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Ramonce Taylor in the 2005 tOSU game in Couchbus, Brandon Jones ain't. Now, that return was making something out of a seemingly disastrous decision.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1