Texas vs OSU - The Final Regular Season Game at FEC

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by TempestHorn, Feb 28, 2022.

1. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Once again, you can count on Mack's Men.

:cowrose:

• Like Like x 4
  2. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Anybody else see the TikTok video with Jody Conradt saying despite what the record books show (and then they circle it in a record book with a highlighter showing) Texas Mens basketball vs Oklahoma was the first sporting event in the FEC is not true, it was the Women's team and it will be a women’s team to play the last? I believe I saw it on LHN’s instagram.
    I cannot believe that’s what was recorded as history. I guess I should not be surprised though smh

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

And make some noise.....

• Like Like x 3
  4. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

I so wish I was still in Austin because my butt would be in a seat! This event is going to be so much fun! Hoping for a big win to end the FEC era.:cheernana:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

I’m in my seat. I’d forgotten what it was like to have energy at the arena. The back parking lot was full. Lines at the concession stand. Still need the seats to fill. But there are people in the mezzanine.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Time to tell the mezzanine folks to come on down. Still a great crowd.

• Like Like x 3
  7. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Looking good. Occasional brain farts offensively that will kill is if we get deep into the tournament. I like being on offense in front of Vic in the 2nd half.

• Like Like x 1
  8. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Zone D is often our kryptonite

9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Charli back from Italy…

• Like Like x 6
  10. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Final attendance - 12,506!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  11. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

While watching the game, my LHN on UVerse went out for a few minutes in the 4th. Anyone else's LHN go out?

12. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Mine did toward the end of the 3rd.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jacob Johnson

I don’t mean to be that guy but it looks like I won the competition :thumbup:

Acceptance speech….
    “I would like to thank everyone who participated, the fans, and most importantly my family. Without you all this wouldn’t be possible:D This was fun and hopefully we can do something like this again in the future.”

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  14. FarawayFan

FarawayFan 25+ Posts

Yes, mine went out, and we live in anther state. Kudos to the fans in attendance! Wish I could have been there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Mine went out also for about 10 or so minutes. Wish the ladies could have maintained their first half dominance through to the end but a win is a win. Hope Rori is ok.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Despite it tightening up in the 2nd half some, it was a great day at the FEC with lots of energy in the building from pregame to after the very nice Senior sendoff. Matharu was very emotional during the Senior good byes and probably not the only one with tears in their eyes. JAT was very emotional and Audrey got choked up making her speech, Ebo pretty much cool as a cucumber but you could still tell she was very touched by the ceremony.
    AND the big check for $120,500
    Vic seemed pleased and very appreciative of the Longhorn Nation efforts

Did they say on TV? It looked like Rori might have run to the locker room by herself her last time on the court (I was thinking maybe to puke). Someone from the staff did follow her a couple minutes later. They were treating her for cramps after she got injured on the sideline and probably gave her something to eat and/or drink that might not have set well but I’m speculating.

17. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

So 23-6 sounds pretty good right now. Final range of losses is 6-8. I’ll take the 6 with a Natty! Total wins ranges between 23 and 32. I’m picking a final record of 28-8. I would have taken that at the start of the year. Schaefer’s identity is his teams get better year over year. So with a couple more key player pickups it’s entirely doable. And makes all us fans looking for an enjoyable next few years.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

They might have sold 12k tickets but attendance was probably in the 7-8k range. Not complaining at all. Great crowd. Great energy. Loud. And the majority stayed after for the senior celebration. That commitment to promoting the game needs to continue. Promos on LHN only go so far.
    :bevo:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Jacob Johnson

Lol I still won the contest and I’m NOT giving my trophy backo_O

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. Jacob Johnson

In all seriousness, this was a special game and the crowd was amazing. I can admit that I teared up during the ceremony and watching Matharu cry really got me. It’s obvious now that those 3 seniors won’t be returning next season and they will truly be missed.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  21. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Honestly, I’d forgotten what it felt like to go to games when there were more people, more energy. I am so happy Vic made it happen. Best senior night since Stacy Stephens graduated. I hope some of the people come back for the NCAA games and, more importantly, next season.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
  22. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

It was! And I was there for Stacy’s

• Like Like x 4
  23. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I’m not so sure Nut, it looked more than 50% full to me anyways but I couldn’t see the upper deck on my side. Will we ever know the number of butts?

24. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Thanks y'all. Then it tells me that LHN went out, and not my UVerse because I switched to watch the Kansas-Oklahoma game for a few minutes. Guess someone at LHN either pushed the wrong button or tripped over the power cord.

25. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

:trophy:

26. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

I thought their 3rd string center, 6'3 Sara Rodriguez, was better than #1 and #2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Well, it seats 16k for sporting events and most of the upper deck was empty. My friend says closer to 10k. Whatever the number, it was a great crowd. Hope next season’s numbers go up as a result.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  28. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Vic’s post-game press conference

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I'm glad that so much attention was focused on this team, and the charitable donations were really a great gesture led by Vic . . .

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts