Texas vs OU

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by flash34, Jan 27, 2022.

1. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Credit to coach B because this matchup zone is just flat out whipping our tail. Without getting some 3’s to fall it’ll be a rough finish.

2. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

NOW LET'S HOLD THIS!!!!

3. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Play to WIN!

4. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Welp, Matharu gets a three to help us out, but's gone now...fouled out.

5. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Foul call under review.

6. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Confirmed Mathuru. Dang

7. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

73% from the foul line is an improvement

• Like Like x 1
  8. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

URGHHHHHHHH

9. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

So, it’s ok to tackle our player but we can’t touch theirs without a foul being called?

10. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Why is JAT shooting 3s instead of Hunter? :idk:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Bigger question is why did Hunter shoot a 3 so early in the clock

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

O boy! Here we go! Whatcha got coach? What's our 4 second play? Do we go for 2 or 3 to win?

13. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Hunter for 3 for the win.

#manifesting

14. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

What was that?:facepalm:

15. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Who said that OU had no defense?

Our offense was embarrassing today.

How many times did I shout, "Bleepity-bleep quit tossing it in for Gaston!"

What happened to the offense we saw against KState?

This was on coaching today.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

I'm sorry, but there were so many ways we could have won this game, starting with just a few freebies from the line. Perhaps the gals will figure out how important those are now. Turnovers were high, also. Ya'll can boo me, but I'm disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

STUPID FKG TURNOVERS...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

I’m sure that wasn’t the play they drew up. I’m also certain that old people doing upside down Horns look ridiculous (the obese man in the maroon shirt with the combover and bulbous nose behind the OU bench).

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Well their coach ain’t taking the high road “to beat a team that good and not on our A game”. Wanna guess why you weren’t on your A game Coach B?

20. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Second time this year we were in a one possession game down the stretch and Vic and this offense couldn’t get us home. I see the value in the way he has us playing and the emphasis we put on defense, but that means nothing if we can’t get key buckets down the stretch when we need em

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  21. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

24 turnovers will definitely do it. That was worse than Tech and Kansas and sometimes I just don’t understand Vic’s minutes. One thing I’ve noticed about this team is when our seniors aren’t playing well it affects the entire team. Joanne was non existent this game and Warren played great on defense besides a few mistakes and was not aggressive on offense. Also confused as to why Moore sat out so long in the 4th quarter when she was our only big who came ready to play. Disappointing loss but that’s the big 12 for you so on to the next

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. chuckhorn

chuckhorn 25+ Posts

I cant remember a time a Texas team had zero post presence. We cant make a shot from under the basket. Our offense looks painful. We have no one that can make a shot. Everyone that can put the ball in the basket is sitting on the bench.

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Right when Moore started getting warmed up down on the block she was taken out of the game and sat way too long. I don't get that...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

That play at the end was just horrible. There was no movement or screening involved. It was just get it in to Rori and jack up a shot. Maybe it’s just me but, just my personal preference I would’ve put Moore back in and kept that same set which brought everyone on defense to the top which means no help side defense, put Moore on the block and give her an entry pass and let her go to work and get a bucket or draw a foul. The problem wasn’t going for three, I would’ve done the same if it were Matharu in the game. She’s the only one I would’ve trusted to take that shot but Moore should’ve gotten the ball at the end. They couldn’t stop her

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Maybe some folks on our team need to watch Williams' tapes and imitate!

26. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

All around great game, except the outcome. In these BIG rivalry games, everything hinges on moment by moment execution. 33% shooting was a disappointment, but I thought our shot selection was solid. Another 4 inches on the last shot and Coach and Rori would look ingenious.

Madi Williams is solid. Glad she and Robertson are Seniors.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
  27. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I do not understand why Shay Holle was on the bench and Hunter in the game. Hunter is all about Hunter. She doesn’t make that extra pass and her defense is terrible. Shay is ever bit as good a player and more dependable!

• Agree Agree x 3
  28. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Same story we've seen a lot this year... young players making bad decisions as young players often do, and upperclassmen not stepping up to right the ship when they need to.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

THIS^^^^^
    As soon as she got in a flow he yanked her out. I'm sure there's a method to his madness. But geez!

• Like Like x 1
  30. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

This