Texas vs. Rice

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by bassale47, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Endust

Endust 500+ Posts

rupp steps to the plate as the tying run.

double play, game over.

Hook 'em Horns

2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

oh well, lost to a better team unfortunately. This team had a tough road after Friday and just never seemed to be on track. Good luck to Rice in the super regionals and Texas Ex Wayne Graham.

3. bassale47

bassale47 1,000+ Posts

Double play. Ball game over.

Nice try for the new guys, and an admirable last month of the season. Can only hope these guys have learned some lessons and will be better for it next year.

4. hothead25

hothead25 100+ Posts

Another fun post season in the books. 4 runs with the aid of 6 errors is not going to get it done with our staff.

5. TexanByChoice

TexanByChoice 250+ Posts

sucks. better luck and hopefully better team next year.

such a let down. [​IMG]

6. kjgirl

kjgirl 500+ Posts

[​IMG] Get em next season
    I can't wait till Fall Ball starts

7. jmann09

jmann09 250+ Posts

GIDP 1st pitch, fitting end to this game and season

gotta label 08 as a disappointment overall but i'm proud of how the team turned it around after mizzou and okie state. disappointment is a lot better than disaster in my book

here's to an improvement in 09

8. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

I'm sorry we lost everyone. But hang in there. We got a good team coming back next year. [​IMG]

9. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

Tough season for a bunch of great Longhorns. Best of luck in the big leagues to Rockwall, Kyle, & Jordan. Not certain who else is gone but next year ought to be interesting as always.

Thanks guys. [​IMG]

10. Horn@AC

Horn@AC 250+ Posts

Oh well it was fun going, watching, listening, stat tracking all year. Until next year!

11. LSBR

LSBR 25+ Posts

Ruffin, Green, Thomas, Workman - all freshmen who threw pretty well at times this year. Obviously Ruffin was exceptional.

Shepherd, Lusson, Keyes, Rupp - young guys who can swing the bat.

Talent won't be a problem next year. That really shouldn't be an issue again in Austin for the foreseeable future. It's all about having guys who can get it done when it's on the line, and unfortunately there's not really a way to gauge that.

12. Horn@AC

Horn@AC 250+ Posts

13. stupidgringo

stupidgringo 100+ Posts

14. bassale47

bassale47 1,000+ Posts

The difference in this game was pitching. Rice simply has the arms that Texas did not (and never did) have. The good news is that 90% of the Texas bullpen consisted of freshmen, so we should be in better shape in that department next season. How many players we lose remains to be seen. Clearly Danks, Russell, and Clark are done. I don't know how many sophomores meet the age requirement to leave early though, or how many other juniors will decide to go.

15. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Thanks for the updates fellas.
    We'll be back.

Loud and Proud-The Eyes of Texas [​IMG]

16. Touchdown_Texas

Touchdown_Texas 500+ Posts

omaha seems like a distant memory...sigh [​IMG]

17. jmann09

jmann09 250+ Posts

kevin keyes needs to be project #1 for the offseason

i think workman has potential to be dominant. hopefully he doesn't go the way of kyle walker, although i think he's already achieved more than walker did

18. baoklhorn

baoklhorn 1,000+ Posts

RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAATTTTTTZZZZZZZ

Get'rrr DONE next year guys

[​IMG]

19. Horn-N-LA

Horn-N-LA 1,000+ Posts

So not trying to stir pots, and I have no first hand knowledge but would anyone be surprised if Skip isn't back next year? Honestly, what 2 years now and our bullpen pitching has stunk. Yes we have some frosh, but I guess I'm not convinced for the long term.

20. FourHorner

FourHorner 100+ Posts

Thanks for the entertainment and for making it respectableand giving it a run in the end. [​IMG]

21. fall01nk

fall01nk 250+ Posts

Some disappointing at bats in the last few innings. 4 straight CWS appearances feels like so long ago...

Looking forward to next year already.

22. YeaTexasFight

YeaTexasFight 1,000+ Posts

wow...Augie just said it was Kyle's decision to bunt. Augie does not sound happy with it.

Am I the only one getting the impression listening to that?

23. Dewbrewer

Dewbrewer 500+ Posts

UH beats aggy 4-3 & forces deciding game tomorrow.

24. jmann09

jmann09 250+ Posts

well in that case, that's a really dumb decision by russell, but we wouldn't even be in the game if it weren't for his 3-run bomb. i do think that he and danks could use another year to cut down on their strikeouts (in danks case, reverse the trend he developed this year). probably just wishful thinking, cause we would be sick if they came back

25. hothead25

hothead25 100+ Posts

26. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Wasn't able to track the game tonight but l00p kept me up to date... sorry to see the season end this way, but just wait until next year [​IMG]

27. El_Oso

El_Oso 500+ Posts

28. texduncan

texduncan 25+ Posts

29. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

At least we made it to the Regional Championship this year. Progress.

30. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

Great season, Horns. Even during a "down" year, we still win the Big XII Tournament. Not bad at all. [​IMG]