Texas vs Southern

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Scamp, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Scamp

Scamp 100+ Posts

2. Scamp

Scamp 100+ Posts

3. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Wow, FT percentage is awesome this game!

4. Scamp

Scamp 100+ Posts

15-16 6:56 3rd qtr :bevo:

5. Scamp

Scamp 100+ Posts

6. Scamp

Scamp 100+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scamp

Scamp 100+ Posts

Palindromic victory!

8. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Not impressed. A win vs Southern was expected. The hallmark of a great team is consistency which is clearly lacking so far and beating teams you’re supposed to beat.

Let’s see how things go when we face real competition. Hardly any reason to get giddy or excited.

Horns put themselves into this predicament. Now they need to get out of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  9. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Not sure why we even schedule teams as weak as Southern. I would much prefer Coach Conradt's scheduling. I'd rather see us compete with top competition and lose, than to stomp all over teams that don't even belong in the same gym. Don't get me wrong...I see lots of top ranked teams scheduling opponents that they could probably beat playing 3 on 5 (especially Baylor), so I'm not just criticizing OUR schedule. What happened to the days when the top teams in WBB squared off early? Remember the State Farm Tip-Off?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  10. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

I was at the game today. I was impressed that the Horns appeared to me to be playing with effort and energy to the end of the game, particularly on defense. I did not like the open threes allowed early in the game. But after the first quarter, the Horns tightened up on that. Joyner Holmes worked really, really hard.

Karen was back to her usual unsmiling persona. But perhaps that is ok too. Everyone knows that the Hawaii tournament is coming up and that a good performance is critical. That made how the team played today important aside from winning or losing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I know your not supposed to be positive on this board any longer so forgive me for doing so. Like I said a couple of weeks ago this team is a work in progress. Each game I have watched, which is every one, I have seen improvement. Turnovers have been minimized, the free throws have gotten better, 3 point shooting is going up, guard play has improved. I could care less right now about the quality of teams right now, we need to work on us. We play inferior teams to work on these type of issues. Hopefully it will pay off starting when we play NC State. I know the majority of people on here want KA gone and I’m not gonna argue about that point. As a Texas fan, I hope she succeeds because if she does so does our team. Good win today. On to the next one.

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  12. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

These improvements you're referring to... you mean the last couple of games against RGV and Southern? :popcorn:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

7 years is more than adequate for KA to get her act together. Her excuses are very old and laughable. Done with the sunshine pumping until real progress is made. And this means beating Baylor.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  14. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Moo is back to "pooping" posts. lmao.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Yep, no one is allowed to enjoy a win any more. The majority on here prefer to sulk, whether we win or lose.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • poop poop x 2
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  16. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Recently in hiding from embarrassment most likely. These two signature wins in a row have evidently facilitated a resurrection. :rolleyes1:

They're so full of :e-poo: it seems to fall out of their mouth wherever they appear. Don't take it personal.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Like I said, the haters won't allow themselves or anyone else for that matter to enjoy any wins. They are bitter and sulking; nothing new to see here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  18. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

And you're pounding your chest because we ran all over a team whose high scorer had six points?! Laughable...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I actually didn't post any details about the actual win, only that posters like you won't allow anyone to enjoy it.

Be miserable, bitter, and sulk -- win or lose. That's your motto. Own it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • poop poop x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Thats why BU fans think we’re a big joke. People like you that revel in wins over inferior competition.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, we should all worry about Baylor fans' opinions. Why do you care about them so much? Inferiority complex?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Feel free to show everyone exactly where I pounded my chest. Making up things in your head, as usual.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  23. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

This was the equivalent of playing a bad high school team. Appreciate the positivity but this game is nothing more than a scrimmage.

• Agree Agree x 4
  24. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Yes, Southern was very weak. But we played well nonetheless. We needed it at this point. Almost perfect from the free throw line. Sinking quite a few threes. It is weird to see a KA team playing zone, fouling less, and throwing it away less. I like it. Seattle4UT, if you're waiting luntil we beat Baylor before you can enjoy anything about this team, you're inflicting undue pain on yourself.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

this team is going nowhere until we can beat the gorilla of this conference. to be the best means to beat the best.

• poop poop x 1
  26. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

You win some. You lose some. That’s the nature of the game. If you’re not enjoying it, no need to watch. Post good. Post bad. Whatever.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Unfortunately we missed that very small window of opportunity to level our program with them. The talent was definitely there, but we failed. Now they've got another NC and have elevated back to a place of pure dominance. They're solidly dug in now... it would take one of the other big names in WCBB to come to Texas to even stand a chance at overtaking BU. Good luck with luring one of them into THAT situation. As long as KM and Co are in Waco, it's going to be that way I'm afraid.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

The bitter posters continue to interject Baylor into every thread on here, even in a game thread about Southern. It's an obsession with them . . .

• Agree Agree x 3
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Actually, they are most likely laughing at fair-weather whiners like you.

I liked it better when you disappeared from this message board in February 2015 for four straight years; too bad you returned even more bitter and whinier in 2019 . . . :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

And you (and your grossly biased opinions) aren't even worth the :e-poo: that falls out of your mouth everywhere you appear. We'll see who is bitter once your coach has been canned for lack of performance.

Oh... and let a man be hired as the replacement, and I'd be willing to be that YOU would be the one to leave this message board and run for the hills.

Personally I wouldn't care if the coach is female, male, or transgender as long as they can develop talent and produce results. Can YOU say the same? I bet not...
    :e-thinking:

• poop poop x 1