Texas vs. St. John's Game Updates

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by bassale47, May 30, 2008.

1. hothead25

hothead25 100+ Posts

This team is defined by their losses. Another go round, another disappointment. They seriously just need to hurry up and graduate.

2. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

A special thanks to all those who posted here and there about what an ***-whipping we were going to give SJU. Can't blame it on the dugout location, so all you overconfidents have to take some blame - and our poor offense.

3. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG] It really felt like the team had turned a corner these past three weeks. The pitching was there today even from the bullpen. The error bug bites us and zero offense. So now need to win 4 straight, hard to see that happening but not impossible.

4. SouthAfricanHorn

SouthAfricanHorn 250+ Posts

Thanks for posting updates everyone. We're still alive- that's all that matters. Let's home the blame-game bug doesn't pop up again or this season is going to be over in one game.

Hook 'em!

5. Driftwood

Driftwood 250+ Posts

Sorry, this is another UT team that can't get the job done. St Johns? You have got to be kidding me!! Give me another documentary on Augie!! I can't believe it!! [​IMG]

6. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

Dang where did our red hot offense go? Is St. Johns that awesome of a pitching staff or is the Big XII just that terrible?

7. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

8. jmann09

jmann09 250+ Posts

9. longhornfan2818

longhornfan2818 250+ Posts

Not a good way to start the post season.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood 250+ Posts

Big 12 is fine. Watch Mizzou and the Agies move through the tourney. The problem is Texas, Texas, Texas. Unhook 'em!

I think Texas needs MAJOR shake-ups in coaching personnel. Why the hell can't we beat the Aggies? In womens basketball, softball, Basketball, Track and field, swimming and diving, Football, golf, the list goes on. We need a MAJOR coaching shake-ups!! [​IMG]

11. HookemHrns03

HookemHrns03 100+ Posts

12. hothead25

hothead25 100+ Posts

13. jblonghorn

jblonghorn 25+ Posts

We can still host the Super Regional though if we win and aggy loses... [​IMG]

14. bevaux

bevaux 250+ Posts

"Why the hell can't we beat the Aggies? In womens basketball, softball, Basketball, Track and field, swimming and diving, Football, golf, the list goes on. We need a MAJOR coaching shake-ups!! "

Let's not jump off a cliff. Baseball is the only sport in need of changes. I wouldn't trade places with the aggots for anything.

15. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

16. bassale47

bassale47 1,000+ Posts

You guys are acting like the season is over. For the sake of those of us who believe this team can still win its next three, save your bitching and moaning for when there are no more games to play. You sound like aggy.

17. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

18. bassale47

bassale47 1,000+ Posts

I realize that, and perhaps I should have made myself clearer. I meant that winning the next three would get Texas to the final game of the regional and essentially put them back on the same footing as everyone else.

19. HornFanatic

HornFanatic 25+ Posts

Actually, even if we were to win the next three games, we still wouldn't be on the same footing as everyone else, because we would be playing our fifth game of the tournament against a team playing its fourth game, so our pitching would be more depleted and our players more tired.

20. slappinleather

slappinleather 100+ Posts

Its been done before>>>> [​IMG]

21. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Big XII tourney in 2002 lost first game then won 5 straight to win it, it can be done.

22. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

23. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

oooh, I like that. but guess the money would be on Rice beating SJU and then we get them in the elimination game. SJU is probably a one-trick pony but what a pony [​IMG]

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

24. bassale47

bassale47 1,000+ Posts

I think I'd rather play SJU twice than Rice twice, but that's probably not in the cards.