Texas vs TCU

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by LutherIsMyDog, Feb 25, 2022.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Good win. Glad to see the youngsters get some significant minutes and be able to rest some others. Sure hope Deyona and Audrey are okay.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Lattimore seems to have such a positive attitude and disposition. I watched her on the court as the seconds were winding down to end the game, and she was raising her arms imploring the crowd to stand and cheer for the team's performance.

She was interviewed post-game by Roger Wallace and Kathy Harston, and she ended her comments by thanking the crowd for coming to the game tonight.

:e-heart:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

While I didn’t understand the controversy over his saying it, attendance was way up tonight so my hat’s off to Vic for speaking out. The ladies clearly enjoyed the crowd and the crowd clearly enjoyed the ladies.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Yea nobody seems to be able to explain where the controversial part is in what he said. How’s Vic supposed to put a positive spin on abysmal crowd attendance for his team coming off an Elite Eight season and in and out of the Top Ten this season?
    Ironically or maybe not so ironic the crowd was not only loud but looked well attended tonight

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I sit close to the bench and noticed that too. At one point it looked like Lauren Ebo was instructing her from the bench as well. Very odd this late in the season. I really was hoping she would get a few baskets tonight.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I can only provide my interpretation of how Vic came across to me; whether that is the consensus reaction or not, I have no idea.

Vic came across as very negative towards the fans (who aren't coming out to the games); honestly, he didn't come across as likeable. I can understand him being upset and frustrated, but instead of taking such a negative disposition, how 'bout using the platform you had with the media to actually invite the fans (with a smile) and tell them how much you want to see them at the last couple of regular season games and possible NCAA tournament games supporting this team and getting the chance to enjoy some great basketball? I know he's done that in the past; but, folks have short memories (on the positive); and, tend to harp on the negative.

Vic chose to dwell on the poor attendance at home games already played; but, didn't put his focus on trying to encourage fans to come out to the FEC for the upcoming home games.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  7. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

It was a good crowd tonight. I imagined what it would look and sound like at the Moody and I think it will be much more impressive. Beard is drawing a crowd. With a little support from the administration I’m betting Vic will as well.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Attendance: 4,157

• Like Like x 7
  9. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Well I guess Vic has learned it’s a thin skinned “fan base” because he’s been asking politely and pleading to come watch this team that works so hard and deserves it all season long without a peep…until he got under their skin and NOW he has their attention but their pissed they got called out on it. THAT is my interpretation and opinion.
    We’re going to end up losing a really great coach over an uninterested and petty alleged fan base if this keeps up and it will be well deserved and quite unfortunate for the players and future of the program

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

IF that's the case, who's the one with the thin skin?

Vic talked about averaging 9,000 fans at Miss. State. But, he doesn't mention how long it took to get there. I get that MSU had no women's basketball "history" or following before his arrival. But, Vic knew the state of our program (and the fan attendance the last several seasons under Karen) before he accepted the job. Hopefully, he wasn't thinking that just because he was hired as the new coach that the fans would turn out in droves over night.

Perhaps if he hadn't delayed the UConn series that would have been one of our non-conference home games this season, and that could have resulted in a large fan turnout, and a springboard for the rest of the home games.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  12. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  13. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Very last question to JAT…:e-thinking:

• Like Like x 3
  14. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Well if this is true then a&m should be knocking on Vic’s door asap and lure him in just like what CDC did with Coach Beard. I don’t agree and hope this is not how we lose our coach due to an apathetic fanbase.

15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  18. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  19. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I’m very impressed with our team ways I can’t explain. I absolutely loved what I saw from every player tonight! Everyone was focused and ready when their number was called.

I said it last game but, I’m thoroughly impressed with Ebo and her game in the 2nd half of the season. She looks to be in great shape and cleaning house on the glass and Gaston is getting better as well. She’s unstoppable when she slows down and take her time with the ball in her hands. Coach Aphil has been doing a great job and you can see it paying off with our bigs from the footwork, defense, inside moves, and getting position. I like what I’m seeing so let’s keep it going:hookem:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  20. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I also don't understand what was so controversial about Vic speaking the truth.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  21. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Even after the refs reviewed the play and took the basket away, I still thought it should have counted.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Because B12 refs are morons.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Great game Texas
    Hookem

• Like Like x 4
  24. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Vic isn’t leaving based on attendance. He’s staying because of his bank account and he has the opportunity to win a National Championship. Personally I think way too much is being made of his comments and lagging attendance. He was hired to take the program to the next level as Texas opens the Moody Center. He’s doing that.
    About last night - it helped that the spirit squad performed at halftime and their families and friends were in the stands.
    Again put last night’s crowd in the Moody and it’s half full and hopefully relatively loud.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  25. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

what was the question? I cannot ever hear the question being asked and I have my volume pegged?

26. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

She was asked if she had made a decision about returning next season and if she’d be participating in Senior night ‘stuff’ against OSU.

• Like Like x 1
  27. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Thank you

28. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Me too, but to be honest a 35 point spread vs 38 points doesn't move the needle for me. I just don't care all that much.

29. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I don't care about the three extra points either... I want the refs to make the right call especially when they go to the monitor for review. Needless to say I stay irritated watching women's NCAA hoops.:cursing2:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
  30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Where (in social media) was it said to be "controversial" ? I think that was a word introduced on here. Or, perhaps we all have a different understanding of the word "controversial".
    I was thinking about that last night as I saw the pom squad near the baseline. My recollection is that the Texas Pom Squad only ever attended the men's hoops games. But, the UT Cheerleaders would attend both. I did not see any of the cheerleaders anywhere near the court. Have they been attending this season? Unfortunate if they aren't coming every game.