Texas vs. Texas Tech Game 2

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NBHorn7, Apr 23, 2016.

1. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Texas had to win and they did, Culbreth hung in there and got another win, to go 8-2 on the year.

Texas got off early like yesterday, lost the lead and then the key inning was the seventh, after three infield hits loaded the bases, up comes Mathis, with two outs. The Tech coach came out and I thought sure they would bring in the lefty, from the pen, but didn't. So Mathis singles and Texas takes the lead.

Two more runs are added and Kingham shuts the door, for three innings. His only base runner may have been a pitch thrown at Smith, after Barrera was hit in the head earlier. The only reason I say that was it was done, after two outs. Besides that pitch Kingham had great command, wish I could ask him.

This sets up the rubber game tomorrow, another must win. Be back tomorrow afternoon. :hookem2::bevo:

2. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Take away an error here and there over this season and Texas would be in good shape, but if if's and but's were candy and nuts ......... .

4. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

5. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

He threw at Smith....He was throwing darts to the two batters before him, and then continued throwing darts to the guy after Smith. Not sure who's idea it was, but he threw at him. At least..... it sure looked like it.....

6. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

Much better work today, NB. Let's type up one for the series tomorrow.

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Great team victory.