Texas vs. Texas Tech

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NBHorn7, Apr 22, 2016.

1. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

And we've got an outfielder (Gurwitz) playing in the infield. Can anyone explain why they don't just have these two trade positions?

2. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

Haven't been paying close enough attention and seeing that Jones is an IF playing OF leads me to the same Q about Gurwitz. What a miserable thread that started with such promise. I really thought my prognosticatin' was spot on and then it wasn't.

3. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Gurwitz isn't so much an OF playing IF out of position. He's versatile and can handle both. He started 48 games at 3rd (11 in OF) for us in 2014 as a true freshman.

Moving back to the infield this year he has a solid .993 fielding %. He might fit better in the OF, but certainly can and has played a ton of IF for us.

No question Jones is out of position in the OF. He and Mathis are liabilities in the field. I'm a big Jones fan but he needs to move IF or just DH in next year.

Pretty lame we don't have a quality hitter/defender for LF and RF. Aside from first base, corner OF's are the two easiest spots to handle and recruit good players.

4. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Mathis is ok in RF.
    Move Rand to LF and Gurwitz to CF.
    That shores up the OF to being respectable.
    Boswell, Clemens at SS
    Baker at 2B
    Clemens, Barerra at 3B
    DH Jones if we need him in lineup.
    No excuse for Augie to be playing Gurwitz at 2B when we NEED him in the OF.

5. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

Thank you for making the suggestion, 54. Nice game today, Coach G.!

• Like Like x 1