Texas vs. Texas Tech

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Bucksgal, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

What...no thread yet? Everyone must be at the game. First quarter was lowly. Texas off to another slow start. Three minutes to go in 2nd, and we've gained no ground. Tech is out rebounding us 20-9. Unbelievable.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  2. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Oh my, Audrey is keeping us in the GAME! What a quarter for her!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

That Gray girl is in the top 5 players in the country.

Our freshman have some good moments and some bad as you would expect. Moore seals the post better than any of our upper classman

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

You HAVE to assume they can’t keep up that shooting performance. And ours has to get better right? If we can survive fouls, I’d hope for a monster third quarter.

Glad to see Moore back!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  5. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Wow Vic and Gerlic had to be held back from each other and a lot of finger pointing and shouting at each other. Double technical. Thought 2nd half would never start. What happened?

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

I mean we just cannot close the gap. No reason for this type of play tonight. Frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  7. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

As I write this they are shooting 30% points HIGHER than us. But we’ve taken 21 more shots than they have! Crazy game.

8. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Wow, that last foul on Moore was ridiculous! Actually, all these fouls have been. Nearly all the scoring in the third quarter has been from the foul line. Can't buy a regular basket.

9. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

This game is making me lose my religion…

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

OMG. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!?

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  11. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Haven't scored in over four minutes then miss four free throws. "Turn out the lights..." Hope this ugly game does something for the girls as honestly they haven't looked very good the last few games. With Baylor coming up, we could be 0-2 this week, if not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Maybe fortunately, the Baylor game has been postponed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

This is terrible! Can’t finish layups, can’t shoot, terrible rebounding, and these refs blowing the whistle every three seconds is just terrible all around

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Yep, just saw that. Perhaps that will give them time to regroup because Tech looks like they're going to hand UT their hats.

15. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Remember those hard lessons I said were going to happen in Big 12 play? Down 13 going into the fourth quarter it looks like this may very well be one of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  16. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

We’re not ready for this lesson.

Not trying to be pessimistic but the Red Raiders have this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

What a disappointing performance, but we have been playing poorly for weeks now. Maybe we need a loss to wake us up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Exactly the lesson I spoke of... losing games we shouldn't because our intensity and focus isn't there every game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

I know that losses don’t have to mean the sky is falling but there doesn’t seem to be a sunny outlook for this game. Pathetic all the way around, and I’d include Vic on that.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Well, I can't say anything good about this game other than a few returning folks got to get some much needed court time. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Yeah but even that’s frustrating how it happened (other than maybe Aaliyah).

It’s got to be demoralizing for players like Hunter who know they’re only going in because others are in foul trouble. It’s like they’re the last resort. Just didn’t feel like players were managed well tonight.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

This was our last years ou game. This was just awful and hard to watch. Players were outplayed and coaches were out coached. Hopefully this doesn’t come back to haunt us but I’m just going to move on and hope we come back better next Wednesday

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

With the way Oklahoma women are playing, that game is almost scarier to me than Baylor.

24. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Credit Tech for starting strong and never giving up. We had a horrible night.

But the real story is 58 fouls. The refs continue to ruin the women’s came. A foul every 40 secs makes for utter boredom no matter who wins.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  25. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

After tonight's performance, ALL the other teams are scaring me!:yikes:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Agreed

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Frustrating game to witness. The crowd could never get into the game really (credit Tech…and the refs).
    It was one of those nights where for every single shot that bounced around and rimmed out, Tech had three that bounced around and went in. A.Moore got to kick some rust off I hope. I’m looking forward to the rematch.

Tech fans and bench (and coach apparently) were obnoxious. Man, I’d love to know what she did for Vic to blow his top. I swear each coach had three people holding them back at the scorers table while the teams had been on the court for awhile ready to start the 3rd Qtr. Never seen anything like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

On LHN, it appears Texas Tech player's didn't check in at the scorer's table in the 3Q, so the players who finished the 2Q for Texas Tech had to enter the game.

Yes, indeed, I wonder what words were exchanged for the double tech. I think Vic was upset that it was taking Tech so long to make the substitution.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

This what I saw in the stands.
    1. UT players get on the court and they're standing there
    2. Tech players head out to the court, but they're being called back to the refs table and their coach
    3. Vic calls his team back to huddle up and talk some more
    4. Vic sends them out to the court
    5. Tech is starting to move on the court, then get called back by the refs and then the refs are looking at roster sheets and talking to the Tech coach
    6. Then there's general confusion about who is going where. Players are going on the court, then getting pulled back and then going out
    7. Vic goes over and points his arm at the Tech coach VERY agressively
    8. Tech coach ain't taking that and she lunges at Vic with her arm pointing at him
    9. Both coaches being separated by the refs
    10 Both coaches keep lunging at each other shouting
    11. Both coaches being held back by their assistants at this point
    12. Technical called on both, they go back to their benches

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

That’s about what I saw too. Then Tech has two players ready at the scorer’s table to sub in at the first chance when (before) the game finally commenced. You just don’t see that happen it was weird but yea they would have been nose to nose if the assistants would have allowed it

• Like Like x 1