TEXAS vs TT (9-24-22) Pre-Game only

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Godz40acres, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

TEXAS plays Tech on Saturday @ 2:30 P.M. CT in Hub City. TV = ESPN.

Tech defeated Murray State 63-10 to open its season, squeaked by Houston 33-30, but is coming off of a 27-16 visitor's loss to North Carolina State.

ACC's video description:
    The #16 Wolfpack defended their home field and defeated the Red Raiders, 27-16. The NC State defense forced four turnovers, one of them resulting in a pick-6 by Aydan White. Devin Leary completed 15-23 passes for 121 yards. Running back Demie Sumo-Kargbaye had 147 all-purpose yards along with a rushing and receiving touchdown. Jordan Houston ran for 57 yards on 13 carries.

BON writes:
    In the all-time series, the Longhorns lead 54-17 over the Red Raiders, including a 22-10 record in Lubbock. Last season’s game, a 70-35 victory at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, featured 10 straight touchdowns scored by Texas. The blowout win marked the fourth straight victory for the Horns in the series. Texas has also won six straight games in Lubbock.

• Like Like x 7
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  2. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
  3. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

I have a friend (BIG Tceh fan) who got on the phone to me yrs ago bragging that Tceh had beaten UT, aggy & b.u. in the same yr., making them the Texas State Champions. I responded, "That's really impressive...for I a high school team." He passed the phone to his wife without saying another word. He didn't speak to me again for years.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

So, the Longhorns have won 69% of their games at Jones Stadium. That should settle the nerves of a few people who fret about the games in Lubbock.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. WorsterMan

After watching video highlights of NC State game, me thinks Bijon, Roschon, Whittington & Worthy will eat the tech defense alive!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]

Methinks they have placekicking issues:
    FG = missed 2 of 4
    PAT = missed 5 of 19

• Like Like x 1
  8. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

These clowns tore down their own goalposts when they beat cougar high in OT a few weeks ago. That's all you need to know. What a sad bunch, desperate to be relevant. They've already figured out that we're so tired of their classless BS that we really won't be scheduling them at all in the future. So apparently the Coogs are going to be their next great "rival". Here's some West Texas hospitality from last years' game:
    Fight breaks out in stands during Houston-Texas Tech game at NRG Stadium

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  9. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

There's medicine for that nowadays . . .

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  11. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

The OL needs to step up their execution for a good ground game. They were not exactly opening huge holes in the UTSA fefense

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I think it mostly came because in each of 1998, 2002, and 2008, we lost late-season games in Lubbock that prevented us from winning the Big 12 South.

Crazy we've won 6 straight since then even with some of our weakest teams in ages.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Wow...Equal opportunity melee...dudes & chicks indiscriminately throwing fists. Tortilla Tceh & cougar high...made for each other.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Added Houston game highlights to original post.

15. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Really loved the Q&A at 9:18. I believe in Harvey Dent Coach Sark.

• Like Like x 4
  16. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

After Roschon runs roughshod and trucks their linebackers and secondary, they’ll definitely be attempting to arm tackle bijan and keilan.

I’m looking for keilan to break several long runs. That is if he’s part of the rotation.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

:yippee:
    All Qbs practiced today
    Including Malik

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  18. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

Get Roschon some early carries. His physical style of play will soften that defense and the holes will be opened up for bijan and others.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Coach Sark: "I have not been to Lubbock . . ."

Well, he's not missing anything. The place is just a good sized **** hole with a college in it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Their qb is real big, runs well and has a cannon for an arm but is frequently lacking in judgment. If he keeps his cool he could be a problem. I watched tape of their game against Houston and he played well. I watched a tape of the NCState game and he looked like a decent qb on a weak high school team------they got behind and he tried to compensate by doing stuff that wont work. Hence the interceptions.

Their D is better than Tech's normal output and they have a few good skill players on offense. And they have a new coach they seem to love as opposed to the one last year whom they spent the season wishing he was back in Utah. The new coach has a good track record, similar to that of UTSA's coach, who got a lot out of not much last week. This one will be worth watching. Wish I could be there------Lubbock is a lot better weather wise than Austin, especially this time of the year.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  21. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Nice post huisache. Much more insightful and reasoned than some of the puffed up trash talk I've see lately.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. WorsterMan

Make no mistake UT visit is Super Bowl crazy time for that campus and program...

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Booked and fined today for "failure to show" in Van Zandt County, not arrested. Not suspended by UT.

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. WorsterMan

BevoJoe nailed it.

There is a reason Mack Davis sang the lyric "happiness is Lubbock in my review mirror"

My best friend in HS lobbied me long and hard, prior to graduation, to go to Tech with him.

Despite my long time family UT history and my childhood goal, I foolishly followed a HS GF to SFA. Of course, that didn't last very long...

So after Sophomore year I seriously looked into transferring to UT to achieve my dream...However, after UT counselor advice and sobering loss of transfer credits, plus a change in major - I was looking at 3 years vs. 2, so I gave up my dream.

ERRRRBODY at SFA that knew me, knew that The University of Texas was my first LOVE and Alma Mater in my mind. Some questioned me hard about it.

Went way off topic ya'll, sorry... from time-to-time us older people tend to go off topic to express youthful regrets or bad decisions!!

Hook 'em baby!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  25. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

At his request, Mac Davis is buried in Lubbock. In his jeans.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  26. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like Overshown’s recent legal issues are a non-factor. Sark has not suspended him. Apparently, he was booked and released after voluntarily turning himself in in Van Zandt County. Alleged possession of a small quantity of marijuana. If he doesn’t play on Saturday, it’s because of the bs targeting call—not because of allegedly possessing some pot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So when did the "incident "happen
    And when did the booking happen?

• Hot Hot x 1
  28. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

It won't. I posted this several years ago, not % but W-L at Lubbuttocks. People still act like we lose way more than we win there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. WorsterMan

Agree. The few times recently UT has lost in Lubbuttocks were VERY harmful.... OMG, 1998 and 2008 for example.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I thought this was a joke

• Agree Agree x 1