TEXAS vs TT (9-24-22) Pre-Game only

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Godz40acres, Sep 19, 2022.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Hope Sark has the team at a 4 or 5 star Marriott or Hilton property in the greater Lubbutock area.

If not, Sark, staff, and team will get Panhandle water, bugs in the room and West Texas viddles for meals.

Hope someone warned Sark to avoid the grilled Armadillo shanks entree!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

First I've heard of this allegation vs O.

Any link on this "charge"?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Sorry you didn't get to realize your dream. I began college @ Tceh...was kinda channeled that direction by family. After a couple of yrs, I was VERY disenchanted with tceh; applied for financial aid, offered zilch from tceh, offered full ride from UT. Transferred (much to my family's consternation) & never looked back. One of the best life decisions I ever made.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

The incident happened about a year ago - at least that's what I heard or read today.

The booking and fine happened today. Apparently, his attorney(ies) screwed up on the date he was to appear in Van Zandt. But, all's good now - he showed and paid his fine.

I posted a vid earlier that briefly discusses it near the beginning. Here it is.

IT has an article about it HERE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Overshown recorded 10 tackles in Texas’ win over the UTSA Roadrunners, but was ejected for targeting in the early stages of the fourth quarter. Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian said Monday they appealed the call that would suspend Overshown for the first half of the Longhorns’ upcoming matchup with Texas Tech, but had not yet heard from the NCAA.

When speaking, Sarkisian reiterated he had faith in the linebacker unit if it had to play without Overshown due to the targeting suspension. He specifically mentioned Jaylan Ford, who had 15 tackles, including 0.5 for loss, against UTSA on Saturday.

He also expressed faith in James Madison transfer Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey, who finished Saturday’s contest with three tackles, 1.5 TFL, a sack, and a forced fumble.

[More at IT]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Cool backdrop.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  7. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I see where my sponsorship is going to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

And WELL SPENT :fiestanana::bevo:
    Thanks Dion:smile1:

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  9. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

4 reasons the Horns can dominate Week 4

Xavier Worthy can take advantage of the one-high safety look

[​IMG]

There will be opportunities to beat this Texas Tech defense deep. This modern 2-4-5 defense that the Red Raiders like to play emphasizes speed and strong play in the trenches and at the safety positions.

The two lowest-graded Texas Tech defensive backs in pass coverage among the regular starters are DB Marquis Waters and corner Rayshad Williams. These two have combined to allow more than 200 receiving yards, around 160 yards after the catch, and have missed three tackles in coverage assignments so far this season.

The safety that will be assigned to help over the top will commonly be Dadrion Taylor-Demerson, who has allowed the most receiving yards in coverage assignments of any Tech defender this season. Taylor-Demerson has allowed 172 receiving yards, 21.5 yards per catch, and was in coverage assignments for two passes that went for at least 50 yards in the last three games.

The threat of Bijan Robinson can open up space for the rest of the offense

[​IMG]

We’re likely going to see Texas Tech stack the box and force Texas to beat them on the shoulders of whoever is starting at quarterback this weekend. Tech would probably prefer the Longhorns to have to earn it through the air instead of just handing the ball off to the likes of Bijan and Roschon.

If Texas Tech is committing extra defenders to stopping Bijan on the ground, then that should open up more space for Sark to get his other skill players out in space.

Essentially, if McGuire and the Red Raiders want to commit extra defensive assets (i.e. the weakside linebacker or a safety/nickelback), that will give Sark other options to beat this defense. That strategy of stacking the box to limit Bijan could still open up other opportunities to give Sark the advantage in this game.

Texas Tech doesn’t have much of a ground game to speak of

The most questionable part of the Texas Tech offense is definitely the ground game. Texas Tech’s rushing attack has averaged just over 100 yards per game on the ground, around three yards per carry, and two rushing scores. The rushing touchdowns are the only positive to the team rushing stats for Texas Tech through three games this fall.

Donovan Smith is very turnover prone

So far this season, interceptions were a real problem for redshirt sophomore Texas Tech quarterback Donovan Smith. Since taking over for the former Oregon Ducks transfer and senior quarterback Tyler Shough earlier this season, quarterback Donovan Smith has tossed five picks. He’s averaging nearly one interception for every 20 passing attempts.

[More at Hook'Em]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Jahdae Barron named Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week.

[​IMG]

“It was crazy when I caught it,” said Barron. “I looked back, and it was a tight end, and I’m Iike, ‘It’s over, it’s a touchdown.’ I didn’t even know what celebration to do, that’s how happy I was. It was all a blessing and honestly, I just want to keep stacking up games like this, being a key piece to the defense and contributing anyway I can. My mom was so excited. She said she stayed up all night looking at the replay.”

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

:lmao:" It was a tight end"
    Very happy for Barron his Mother
    And Us cause he is Longhorn :hookem2:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

:e-eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  13. horninchicago

Wait. I thought that was just another brilliant Godz photoshop job. That was real?

:yippee:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Sponsor Deputy is EVERYWHERE!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I don’t know. The @hornfans Twitter account was tagged so I took a look. Seems real.

• Hot Hot x 1
  16. horninchicago

I guess I wasn't joking after all when I said I was putting off early retirement to sponsor here.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Well, I mean, what is "real" really? Even if it doesn't appear on the unedited Youtube video, that doesn't mean it's not real if it appears on an edited video here. Or does it?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. horninchicago

I'm real confused.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

What the ?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I have no idea how that got there — anybody here know anything? It’s funny and weird.

• Like Like x 1
  21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Did anyone notice the targeting on the intended receiver? Flag should have been thrown and player thrown out. /sarc

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. horninchicago

I would deny it, too, if I was secretly sponsoring them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]

I'll get rid of it if you want me to.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It appears someone (ahem) photoshopped the original video and then posted the edited video online.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. horninchicago

Dion can talk to A&M on how to scrub it from the internet.

Edit: Whoop!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  26. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

OK, I see it now ... had me fooled big time!

27. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I have no comment.

28. horninchicago

And you want to be my latex salesman.

29. horninchicago

As punishment for this uphauling stunt, I think you should be forced to listen to OU Bubba telling you the virtues of Barry Switzer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

No. Not that. PLEEAASSEE!!

• Funny Funny x 2