Texas vs.UCLA

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DINO22, Mar 23, 2018.

1. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Why are we playing like we are tired....
    UCLA is not doing nothing Outstanding.....
    Break the Zone down.
    And pick your energy level up.
    Hookem'

2. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

That 7-point UCLA spurt in 14 secs to end Qtr 1 was brutal

• Like Like x 4
  3. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

We better get our act together or we'll be headed home. PAC12 ain't playing any games. Kick n butt n taken names.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Not shooting well, but turnovers are a death knell so far. Nobody is passing well, nobody.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

They are taller and more athletic. We can't depend on our athleticis tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Just valuing the ball Texas would be in the lead. My thought when the half ended. The score could be worse. Overcome! Brook, Ariel and Higgs need to do what they do

• Like Like x 1
  7. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Unfortunately, the Tennessee-TCU team showed up tonight. We're completely discombobulated. Cori Close is no dummy. It must not have been a hard decision to play a zone against us. As usual, we are flummoxed by it. The turnovers are unreal, even from our steadies, Brooke, Ariel, and Lashann. It's just weird. It will take a dramatic turn-around for us to win this. But if we play smarter, we still could. How about some screens for Brooke? Sug has been the only player playing up to her standard level. Oh well...we can hope for the best.

8. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

How about a zone of our own, since all their shots are coming in the paint? I know that won't happen.

• Like Like x 1
  9. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

NO WORDS FOR THE PLAY OF LASHANN HIGGS.

• Like Like x 2
  10. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I agree with JoeDallas, about Texas showing a Zone.
    It would throw UCLA off completely.
    Not a great Outside Shooting Team
    Hookem'

11. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

5 minutes....down by 8...I will not quit on this team!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Thats it...good season

13. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

See you next year. :idk:

14. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Welp, how about these PAC 12 teams playing ZONES against the BIG 12?? :e-thinking:

• Like Like x 1
  15. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I know it will fall on coaching but not sure how you coach the #2 team in the nation rebounding all of a sudden get annihilated on the boards. How you coach a team to equal their season average in turnovers in the first half alone. UCLA had 31+ points off turnovers which is unprecedented. Lashan...I don’t know what happened.

I hate it for the team, coaches, program and the fans, but really hate it for Brook, Ariel (and Audrey). I have PAC-12 network and seen a lot of UCLA games and sure don’t remember them ever shooting so well.

Ugh! But next year is BRIGHT! (And you know who lost tonight as well)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Another long off season of what ifs...

• Like Like x 2
  17. UTFORLIFE

UTFORLIFE 25+ Posts

Ariel will be an all star in a couple of years.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Man I'm such a Homer...I never thought this was a game we would lose. My Burnt Orange glasses must be too bright...lol

• Like Like x 2
  19. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Luther...walk me off this ledge..lol

• Like Like x 2
  20. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I was just so disappointed in the game period.
    It just look like Texas Coach's and player's were just not ready.
    Why.........
    I am so amazed how we just played Man to Man defense. Never did not nothing different Defensively.
    Really K.Aston, unreal.....
    Why no Zone, Trap's, or even a Press.....
    That 80 - 90 's Basketball Jody did is gone.
    The Talent is too good now, for that Style....
    Please come up to Time.
    Our games are really harder then they should be.
    Because of lack of a game plan.
    We looked a mess....
    Hookem'

• Like Like x 2
  21. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Wow, hard to believe this was the same team that played stride for stride with UConn.

• Like Like x 4
  22. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

UCLA does not always play like that. They were unreal, we looked slow next to them. Ariel made a heroic effort in the second half. Yes, it's interesting that Oregon State killed Tennessee and Baylor with a zone. UCLA did us in with a zone (and steals of course). Why are zones not used more? I'll never get it, at least as a strategic option. Does UCLA have a chance against MSU? I doubt it very much. Usually when a team gets up for an amazing performance and gets a win, they can't sustain it for another game.

• Like Like x 3
  23. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I wish I could. I just wish we would have played our best ball. From a personal stand point, I'm sad that the season is over as I've enjoyed watching this team this year.

• Like Like x 6
  24. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Good points JD. If UCLA plays like they did tonight, I think they'll beat MSU

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  25. UTFORLIFE

UTFORLIFE 25+ Posts

Serious question.
    Do you guys think it was more of a lack of gameplan or the fact that the players that we’ve recruited are great but don’t play well together most of the time. I personally believe that most of the players that were on the floor tonight have way to similar of playing styles and it causes us to be one dimensional. There’s no variety on our team. It’s easy to win games with 10 AA because most of the time in wcbb talent prevails. However when we play teams that can adjust to play in any circumstance, we lose because we can’t.

26. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I guarantee you that fact will be true!

• Like Like x 1
  27. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Sad. But knowing this staff and the players, they're way harder on themselves than we could ever be. Plus, we don't play.

Next year!

• Like Like x 3
  28. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I think it’s a combination of both. But the reality is that until Coach Aston improves individually as a coach in terms of X’s and O’s or brings in an assistant that can they’re going to continue to struggle against teams with comparable talent.

29. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

UTFORLIFE K.Aston recruited these player's. And to be honest it's nothing wrong with their style of play. She has to be able to Coach it though. And that's the problem. To me she do not utilize her Talent. It's like she is stuck in 1 Coaching Style.
    We should have beaten that Team by 15 point's.

30. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I’m going with outplayed. We could and should have won playing our game. Did not play close to our game & potential. UCLA played a bit above their heads from what I’ve seen this season.

Just throw in a normal performance from Brook and/or LaShan and we’re good enough to win this game.

• Like Like x 1