Texas vs UConn in the Elite Eight

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Mar 27, 2016.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I think we got a glimpse of next season's starting lineup with Kelsey, Ariel, LaShann and Brooke to be joined by someone else.

2. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

We have played well. UConn is just that good. Very proud of our team. Very.

• Like Like x 8
  3. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Imani & Empress are not having a good game, but make no mistake, they were integral to get us to this point this season.

I'm indeed excited about Texas future!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I will not speak negatively about our girls...officials are not calling game fairly but that being said....we did not quit....Horns Forever!!

• Like Like x 7
  5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

good to see the Horns still fighting. It would be easy to just give it up. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 3
  6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I wish they would put Brady in for the last minute.

• Like Like x 2
  7. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

We fought till the end #hornsup

• Like Like x 2
  8. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

home game for UConn...sigh

9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

86-65, still have some room for improvement.
    Proud of how well the team played this season.
    :hookem2:

• Like Like x 2
  10. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Fine showing for the Texas Longhorns and I'm so sad to see the season end for this team. They lost to the National Champions I do believe.

What an incredible season and future for Texas! :bevo:

• Like Like x 3
  11. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Great season! Thanks to the coaches, players, and the entire basketball staff. Thanks to the seniors for putting Texas women's basketball back on the map. With players like Brooke, Ariel, and Lashann along with the players coming in this program will continue to be elite.

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  12. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

Hey announcers!!!! How about giving Texas some flippin credit!!!! 21 pt loss not too bad! Proud of the girls!!! Celina led the team well and excited to see LaShann and especially Ariel next year! Good luck seniors! You turned the program around. We are headed in the right direction!

• Like Like x 4
  13. UTFORLIFE

UTFORLIFE 25+ Posts

Great Season!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

/I want us to be more athletic at the low post next year.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

wow, Brooke (15 pts), Ariel (19 pts) and LaShann (19 pts). :hookem2:
    Congrats to Ariel for making the All Regional team. :bow:

• Like Like x 4
  16. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Two sophomores and a freshman!! Wow, I love this team. No quit in them, just over matched, as all teams that face Uconn will be. The future is bright. Again, So Proud of this team!!!!!! :hookem2:

• Like Like x 5
  17. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Well my my my - LaShann made the All Regional team too. Our little back up bench player who hardly got to play during conference season made the frigging ALL REGIONAL TEAM FOR HER PERFORMANCE IN THE SWEET 16 AND ELITE 8. WELL, My my my............ imagine that.

• Like Like x 4
  18. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Well, we out rebounded them (but, really means they didn't miss shots). Only one more TO than them. That's pretty good...compared to last year.

• Like Like x 3
  19. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Very proud of Higgs' progress as a freshman. She came from being an offensive liability to a great asset along with her already great defense. Future looking good!

• Like Like x 3
  20. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thanks for the news on LaShann, Rexy. :hookem: I heard about Ariel on the radio but guess I missed LaShann. Absolutely great progress in the last few weeks. She and Ariel are going to make getting open looks for 3s easier for Brooke.

• Like Like x 4
  21. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

That's right, and if the twins turn out to be 3-point threats, look out, this team could be hard to handle

• Like Like x 4
  22. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Heres' some very interesting stats from the game. Points in the paint 32-28 UConn; points off turnovers 14-1 TEXAS; second chance points 9-6 TEXAS; Fast Break points 14-2 TEXAS; Bench points 20-12 TEXAS. Looking at these stats only, you might think TEXAS won the game. Very interesting.

• Like Like x 3
  23. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Coach Aston talked with Fran after the game and Fran also commented that the future looked bright and specifically mentioned LaShann. Coach said LaShann had finally figured it out in the last few weeks and was letting the game come to her rather than trying to do everything so fast (at least that's how I interpreted her comments).

• Like Like x 3
  24. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Very Pride of the Coaching Staff and the Player's.
    I can not wait to see next year's team.
    Texas will be a hand full for any team next year, with the addition of J.Homes and A.Sutton and J.Underwood and the 6'3 Twins from Canada.

• Like Like x 3
  25. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Sure would! Wow

26. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Very proud of these young ladies for representing The University! Thanks to all of the seniors. You were the class that started this transformation. Way to go ladies! :hookem2:

• Like Like x 4
  27. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

Can't say enough about these young women and the coaching staff. What a turnaround in 4 years. They have been a joy to watch, and I'm looking forward to what's coming up next year.

• Like Like x 4
  28. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Absolutely!!!

29. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Well, that's not going to happen. But there will be some crazy weapons in '16/'17. A more athletic team than anything I've seen in 25 years. Also, don't sleep on Hosey; she will be an important contributor.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  30. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Hosey is one of my favorite players. Give her this offseason with Tina, and she will be a go to player!!

• Like Like x 3