Texas vs UConn

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by LutherIsMyDog, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Oakman

Oakman Guest

Being an East Coast guy I don’t get many chances to watch the Longhorns play so I made sure I was glued to my tv last night. After watching I am very impressed with the team, I love the uptempo play,
    Love the way they play D and rebound. I heard recently some people questioning K.A. But watching last night I thought she coached a hell of a game, those wired up segments where we get to hear her talk to the team was fun thought it was cool to get in the huddle, her advice was dead on each time they showed her talk to the team. She made a lot of new fans last night. She had her team down one possession with the ball at the end but got a bad call. Game came down to players not exacuting with a misse layup, missed free throws and an open pass which would’ve led to an uncontested shot. K.A. did a great job. I feel this is a great learning experience for the team I expect they will get better from this come March especially Joyner who will be playing better.

• Like Like x 11
  2. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Thanks Oakman. That's the style of play we've been expecting from this team. Hard fought game by both teams and we made UConn earn it. There's several talented teams in the Big 12 and we'll need to play at a high level from this point forward.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Karen

Karen 25+ Posts

It was nice to see Krystle Henderson and Imani at the game last night.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

It's going to be harder and harder for people (e.g., UConn boneyarders) to question KA's coaching ability after last night. As a person with definite opinions, I've questioned her a lot, too, but she coached a heck of a game last night. Taking out Ariel toward the end of the first quarter would have been good in retrospect, but Ariel has done such a good job of keeping out of foul trouble this year. I agree with others, if she had been in for 40, we probably would have won. And I agree with Babhorn, the UConn mystique is beginning to fade a bit as an automatic intimidator in games, at least for us. I don't give them more than maybe a 50% chance to win the championship.

5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

story by Graham Hays on ESPN about the game. More balanced than I have seen. Nice props to both teams.

I especially like the following comments about Coach Aston and our team (sentence put in bold by me):
    We got a team, folks, that is worth watching to see how far they go, this season and in the future. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 5
  6. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I have a rule. If we lose I don’t rewatch the misery. If we win, I enjoy the win a second and maybe a third time. I broke my rule with this one. Man oh man. We played well. Damn proud. Damn proud. That foul away from the ball on UConn that prevented us from trying for a three at the end is maddening. Just maddening. Play like that the rest of the season and we go all the way.

:hookem:

• Like Like x 5
  7. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

8. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

No need to be so sensitive. You have an opinion. Others have theirs. You want Audrey-Ann to shoot threes and everyone in our section gasps and begs her not to.
    Different perspectives obviously.

9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

:lmao:
    I don't necessarily want her shooting threes, but I certainly feel more comfortable with her doing so than the other posts. And having a different opinion does not equate to being sensitive. What's the use of a chat board if different opinions can't be expressed?

• Like Like x 3
  10. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Exactly. You are making my point. Thank you. You have an opinion. I have one. This is a message board where people are free to express their opinions - it’s not “eating our own.”

I guess if either of us were that smart we’d be sitting on the sidelines coaching. Maybe that my next gig. :)

• Like Like x 5
  11. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Interesting the perspective on AAG now. In JUCO her best skill was 3 pointers from top. She is rushing her shot as the game is much faster on close-out. Watch her feet. She doesn’t square both feet up as she is rushing. She can hit those shots....sure the coaches are talking to her about her footwork and body lean.

• Like Like x 3